Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jan 5, 2010 Commentary on ACIM Lesson 5


"I am never upset for the reason I think."  

This has been a particularly useful lesson to remember many times in my past, and I am grateful for this days opportunity to practice it again.  To become a Christ/God-conscious being basically means we live 'in the world but not of it' as non-reactive, or inert (and at peace), to the tides of passions that constitute the seas of the human-mind drama-land.  If my mind quiets enough however, that drama-land life will not be able to hook me into reactivity to its dualisms of right/wrong, good/bad, better/worse judgements.  I experience such quietness in deep nature, and when in the human cultural world, I 'practice'.   I love the piece of Course-tangential Landmark technology that teaches that Upsets are a function of either 1. undelivered communication, 2. unfulfilled expectation, or 3. thwarted intention.  That information  has helped me release/heal many burrs hooked into my ego over the years.  But deeper than that is being able to bless your enemies, which is not really possible until you get They Are You.  All upsets are the same in their effect of perpetuating our seeming separateness, all acts of forgiveness the same in creating unity.  I loved when I heard Eckart Tolle say that what Jesus meant about 'loving your enemies' really meant was 'Have No Enemies'.  Getting God-consciousness is really about getting that there are simply NO EXCEPTIONS to the truth that we are One Life in many forms, that there is only One of Us Here.  The Hindus call the apparent multiplicity 'the Play of God', or 'maya', but however it is described (in whatever religion or philosophy or ontology), it is the same reality.  No words can fully describe it because it is beyond words and beyond language.  I currently love the word 'communion' as a descriptor, as it stands for "that which believed it was something separate discovering it never was".

This lesson, done with intentionality, can impact the rest of your life.  Let us each practice well.  Be sure to follow the instructions, available if you still don't have the book, at www.acim.org/daily lessons.

Namaste,

David