Monday, June 21, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 172

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

God is but love, and therefore so am I.

Imagine a Navajo grandfather under a tree weaving, watching the world unfold through wise eyes, and blessing life with his being. Now imagine a powerful inspired well-connected man of commerce, creating powerful projects that eventually benefit thousands, perhaps millions. Who would I choose to be? I would choose to be both. Why? Because both ways are necessary, depending on the situation and the need.

This is why we are given many skills and talents. They are all expressions of Gods love for us and for the life He has created. As we recognize our unity with God, we all inevitably recognize that our unity is unlimited, includes each other, and we become mature in our service, willingly contributing our skills and talents to the creation of a world that knows itself as one undivided and unseparated whole. This maturity can be recognized in our willingness to be seen, be authentic, be vulnerable, and be 'nakedly' real.

I am seeing this is when we are contributing our selves most fully, and also, when we experience our greatest joy.

These thoughts I share, that I may rediscover and deepen the truth of them also. May you be a blessing to all humanity.

Namaste,

David

_______________________________

The Original Lesson

Lesson 172

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(153) In my defenselessness my safety lies.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(154) I am among the ministers of God.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.