Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 173

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

God is but love, and therefore so am I.

The last three days of this Commentary were canned (pre-written) so that I could fully participate in a weekend Landmark course called Communication: the Power to Create. I am strongly impacted by the course, and am emerging from it with an altered view of what is possible in my personal future, which could potentially (and hopefully will) involve you (as a member of the lightworker visionary team which I am envisioning and about to describe).

Some background. Unless you are a new reader, all of you were briefly introduced to "The Love Declaration" in Commentary 126. I said then I would speak more about it, and now it is time to do that. For your review:

The Love Declaration

--A Covenant--

I am your partner

in awakening from fear.

From this moment on,

at all times,

under all conditions,

I declare I will be,

for all beings,

A Conscious Source

of Absolute Love,

and,

I promise

I will serve

only this Love,

in you,

in me,

and in All,

no matter what,

for the rest of my life.

I wrote the Love Declaration in 1986, inspired by both A Course in Miracles, Landmark Education seminars, and my personal spirituality influences. To me, it speaks clearly the voice of 'the savior' within each of us. It languages the 'bar', the standard of what it takes to be a ripened and mature teacher of God.

I shared it throughout the western USA as a wandering singing/seminar-leading 'messenger' for several years in the late 1980's, and then retired from that public mission about 1990 because (for various reasons) I entered a dark space, and forgot I was a Son of God. I spent a number of years in isolation, as a failed prophet. Of course, God did not forget who I am, and has always been beside me, guiding, teaching, and healing me, until I now am willing to un-retire and be the voice that God uses to give this 'declarative stand' to the world.

I have known this new Love Declaration mission has been approaching for some time, and I have understood that writing these ACIM Commentaries this year has been and is to be part of my preparation and training. And, consistent with my generally solitary nature, my plan (as far as I foresaw it) was that, after completing my service to my parents (however long that takes), I would again become a wandering lightworker/artist, and create humble one-man-sized 'spiritual learning opportunities' (probably disguised as art events or concerts) as (and wherever) I was guided.

This weekend's Landmark course was a challenge to that solo lone-wolf vision, and I spent a lot of energy resisting the course as a result. But the integrity in the room was palatable, and I had a breakthrough despite my resistance.

My breakthough was to recognize I do not need to do this mission alone. In fact, I now see it was never meant to be done alone. In fact, post-breakthough, I now see I never even really wanted to do it alone. I just thought I would have to. Pretty laughable to think I thought that, now. Times have changed, and I see I can too.

I see miracles are possible through sharing the Love Declaration as a team project. Clearly, as now we have the internet to use to connect and meetup through, anyone who is interested in participating can do so in some contributive capacity. What a team would look like, and how it will function I do not know as of this moment. Those visions will arrive. What I am getting is important for me to do right now (while freshly inspired) is simply to declare myself, and invite you each to consider being part of my mission team. Since this is His Work, I am sure God's voice will tell you what to do if you are interested in participating in creating this work with me. Of course you will have questions, as this is not a complete description. But given that the Love Declaration has a voice of its own which may speak to you, if you are interested, please let me know. We will create together from there.

Namaste,

David

_____________________________________

Today's lesson.

Lesson 173

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(155) I will step back and let Him lead the way.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(156) I walk with God in perfect holiness.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.