Sunday, March 28, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 87
©2010 Rev. David Seacord

Reviewing Lesson 73 (I will there be light)
and Lesson 74 (There is no will but God's)


It is a non-accidental, non-divisible universe. This is good, for if it were otherwise we would be 'outta luck' pretty quickly. However, given that it is non-accidental, it follows that we are exactly were we belong.

Last night I attended a second satsang, to listen to the completion of Krishna's dialogue with Arjuna about Knowledge. The point was made that God is in everything equally. This is a great mystery to the ego and the senses, which lives in an accidental and comparative world where everything is non-equal, and the only place it wishes to be is 'the best'.

Remember my mention of Lao Tzu throwing his poems in the river? (in the original Lesson 73 Commentary). At satsang, I was invited to sing, by the hostess, before the satsang began. What happened was like a Lao Tzu poem, as what I sang was spontaneous and created as it was happening, and was not something I had 'practiced'. When it was over, it was gone forever. But to me and my satsang listeners, it was as if a magical window had opened and we had all been graced. It was pure devotional music, and perhaps 'the best' performance that I had 'done' in a long time. But the magic was that it was not me doing anything. I was 'just willing' to be 'done', be used, be played.

It is always this way in God's spiritually synchronistic world. Nothing rehearsed, nothing practiced, nothing resisted, nothing excluded, nothing doubted, nothing not trusted, nothing missing, nothing impossible, nothing imperfect. God would use us this way at all times, if we would be willing to have it be so.

Here is the truth about that: It is so now. We are always 'being done', even while we imagine we are being the 'doer'. How foolish we are to imagine that this is possible. It is not. For there is no power (and therefore, no 'doer') but God.

This is a 'good reason' (if one is needed) to be grateful for everything. And, how beautifully humbling is this remembering..... that of myself I can 'do' nothing.

Namaste,

David