Thursday, March 25, 2010

Commentary on ACIM 82
© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Reviewing Lessons 63 and 64.


I have been noticing that I have been 'in the world'. My 'past evidence' is that 'I usually and habitually' think and act like I am a body, even though spiritually/intellectually I get I am not. Anyway, since I am being trained by the Course (again) to forgive the world, that includes me-myself too, as 'spiritual/intellectual realization' is not the aim of the Course. The aim of the Course is 'the (24/7) awareness of Love's presence'.

I have been noticing a couple other things too. One is, I have been 'struggling with the discipline of doing the Course'. This is not new. What is new is that I would box myself in to 'doing it' by teaching it and writing these Commentaries. If you think my ego has never complained about this, you are dreaming. I have always loved the teachings of the Course. I have just not loved learning them 'down to my bones'. In the past, I have believed that required a commitment to following the Course's instructions and being disciplined in ways that (in the past, as a very committed 'free spirit') I have never had (ie, never been willing to create). As a result, while the Course has always been 'right handy & nearby', and would be one of my first 'go to's' whenever I would forget God enough for it to become painful, I have never successfully actually 'one day at a time' made it through it in one swooping year, beginning to end. Yet, I am clear I am now being a teacher of God. I meet the fundamental definition: someone who has recognized another as themselves. So somehow, even though I have 'failed to do' the Course 'properly', it has not failed me. While there is admittedly further to go, I acknowledge a lot of ground has been covered already. And that is 'the purpose of time', as the Course says.

So why bring it up now? To give up hiding it, for one, and for two, to be seen as completely as human as you. And to let you know you are covering ground however you are doing this too. And to encourage you in your walk 'Toward the One'.

As an ego like you, I also admit I medicate. To take my egoically-separated life 'straight and cold turkey' has at times (in the past, [like this morning]) chilled my Joy. So I have created my 'special ways' to stay warm. Music is one of them, so is painting beauty. So is writing something I pray will be as useful to you as it is for me who writes it. While they all take me legitimately beyond myself, they also are 'oasis's of self-massage' that I can enter and lose/avoid 'the pain of my specialness' in. What that says to me is (in the past) I have missed the mark at times. I have not (in the past) 'met everything' as it is, unmedicated (without any resistance or attempt to control, ie, in Full Acceptance). While these are 'mistakes that only need correction', for my spiritual ego's perfectionism, they have been (in the past) a torture.

(I keep repeating the phrase 'in the past' in order to acknowledge what has been, yet NOT continuing to instruct my sub-conscious to 'keep creating it'. My/your past is past. What you and I are committed to creating is not more of that, but a completely 'new future'. I merge Landmark and Masterysystems to create this view.)

What to do then when in a tizzie? Forgive myself, right? Lots of luck, sometimes. Sometimes it takes you, my brothers and sister, to open the door for me. That line I wrote yesterday "To be accepted WHILE being exposed."---- That is pure love in action. I have been so graced to have been given such love many times. So have you, I am sure. It's tied into 'the revelation of our own foolishness'. There is just nothing better than to make 'a fool of yourself' , have everybody see it, then get that everyone forgives you (because they have all been there too), and join wholeheartedly in laughing at 'yourself'... That gives a tremendous, miraculous healing.

Yesterday, while phone-conversing-comisserating with 'one of you' I 'missed the mark' so badly and so absurdly that I broke 'out of my mind' and laughed until I almost cried. It saved me. You (my other self, my 'listening brother') saved me. By you, again and again, I am saved. By you, again and again, I remember to forgive myself. I thank you for that, O Great God. For there you were again, right on time.

Please don't go to far, OK? We're only near the end of the first quarter.... nine more months to go.

'All I am saying, is give Love a (full year's) chance'.... :-).

Namaste,

David