Sunday, June 27, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 177

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

One measure of mastery is recovery from breakdown. That measure I practice now.

Yesterday's 'commentary' was a breakdown for me, as I failed to be responsible for managing my time and commitments (which were albeit considerable yesterday, involving travel and participation in several public events) and thus ended up attempting to produce a Commentary by 'forcing the river to flood in the dry season', i.e., while struggling to stay wake in the wee hours of the morning in the Phoenix apartment where I was an overnight guest, while under the click-tocking clock pressure of maintaining my normal 5 AM eastern email delivery time. After producing incoherence for more than an hour, I admitted defeat as graciously as I could (posting what you received), and fell asleep on my camping pad on the living room floor. After a few hours sleep, I rose early for the 200 mile drive home, and the parental commitments waiting for me there.

As I am sure it is for many people, driving is a kind of meditation for me, and my 'conversation with God' was a quiet one. I listened intently, as I have been for several days, asking for clarity around the new visions I have been receiving about re-launching The Love Declaration.

What I am hearing is admittedly very challenging for the 'I' that would have liked very much to be a simple wandering indigenous hermit/sadhu/painter et.al., with 'no responsibilities in this world' (after my parents do not need me). In fact, it is to the exact opposite future that I am being led now. And everything is tied to the question "What am I willing to be responsible for?". It is a very powerful question, for how I answer it does define who I am willing to be for the world in this life. (In other words, while it does not change who I AM, it does alter powerfully how I am being who I AM.)

For instance, I have been willing to be responsible for creating this Commentary, to it's current level. And I have been willing to be responsible for recognizing it was I that was 'assigned' to come to Yuma and be with my parents at this time in their lives. Accepting both of these assignments required many changes in my life, and I have grown as a result. But they are both on a personal scale. And that is the level that I had (prior to attending the powerful Landmark course which ended last night) planned to relaunch The Love Declaration on. A personal ministry of a personal stand, most likely from a nomadic base, capable of contribution, yes, but 'perhaps insufficient' to the original vision of The Love Declaration being 'a new covenant for humanity'.

Now, having allowing myself to be guided to a breakthrough in 'getting over myself', all the incoming visions are group or team based and NOT solo, and I eventually see structures like a physical office(s), organized tours, seminars, perhaps even 'campaigns' being both needed and involved. It will be a big undertaking, and will not be accomplished by anyone alone, but rather by many thousands of clear beings. I recognize I am one man with a particular vision, and clearly see that for The Love Declaration to become 'the stand' and 'the standard' of our human to human (and human to non-human) relatedness will require both me and many others being willing to be and speak this possibility successfully to millions and millions of people around the world.

Even for you who have been reading these Commentaries and studying A Course In Miracles this vision may be difficult to contemplate as a real possibility. I can get that, and be responsible for that being so now. I ask for your patience as I work to language a clearer vision. I ask for you to pray or meditate to assist me in this also. Don't worry, it will take time, as all things done in the world do. But, if Love can find it's way to healing fear in anyone through inviting another to stand upon it's Absolute Reality, it is a work of God. Therefore, please consider giving me your input (and joining me).

Namaste,

David

Below, for your information, is written material designed to be on a Love Declaration 'greetings card'. It was written months ago (in November, when I thought I was about to re-launch this as a personal ministry). There were I.T. problems (which still are being addressed) with re-working my art website to fit this into it that delayed me. Then, on 1/1/10, I 'had the idea' to redo A Course in Miracles.... suddenly, I am writing a daily commentary etc,.....that brings us to the now...

As you can see, everything comes together in God's timing.... :-)

______________________________________________________________________

front of the card

THE LOVE DECLARATION

A Covenant

I am your partner

in awakening

from fear.

From this moment on,

at all times,

under all conditions,

I Declare

I will be,

for All Beings,

A Conscious Source

of Absolute Love;

and I promise,

I will serve only

this Love,

in you,

in me,

and in All,

no matter what,

for the rest of my life.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

back of the card

The Love Declaration Mission Statement

The Love Declaration is an initiatory portal through which no being

may authentically pass except all illusions of self be set aside. It is

a planetary transformation covenant whose only purpose is to be a

bridge to our conscious unity. It is also a personal answer to all

raison d'être questions. It is a powerful, crystalline, pure, and

unambiguous thought-form, and is intended to be freely shared

across humanity, moving as a gift from heart to heart as timed and

guided by the Good That Is. Its mission is to inspire unifying miracles

by rigorously voicing without exceptions, backdoors, loopholes, or

exits of any kind, a fundamentally true knowing living within every

created sentient being. Regardless of any failure to actually BE it

moment to moment, The Love Declaration stands for knowing

ourselves as our Word in exactly the same way that life's Creator

knows itself as its Word. This Declaration, by going beyond the

present tense to the future-promissory (I am becoming I will be)

languages for the benefit of our conscious awareness the active

voice of our universal relatedness. It is a tool providing the limitless

non-comparative reality of Absolute Love a trustable anchoring

Presence for our heart and mind. Beyond suggesting memorization,

and that it be a public, shared, and communion-generating habit,

The Love Declaration comes without instructions, as individual

guidance regarding its use is available within every being for the

sincere asking, whatever our cultural backgrounds, faith

persuasions, or other life-contextulizing paradigms.

Thank You for recognizing that your life, and the contributive way

you live it, is a blessing absolutely essential to the Wholeness of

Life. There is only One of us here. Welcome to the Communion.

Credits: As literature, The Love Declaration and The Love Declaration Mission Statement

are ©1986/2009 Rev. David Seacord. Subject to international copyright law, permission

for non-commercial use, reproduction, and private distribution of this document of from 1

to 500 copies per being per annum is freely granted, provided text, mission statement and

credits are unaltered and reproduced in their entirety.

(the following sentence is not yet true)

For that purpose, a free PDF of this

document is downloadable from www.davidseacord.com, the authors website,

(and I am investigating building a separate website)

which also

provides additional Love Declaration commentary and other information.