Sunday, November 07, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 304

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

What is the most seductive illusion of the ego? In my experience, it is 'personal significance'. Need I say more?

For is it not the thought of our specialness that drives us in this world? Is it not true that if we stand so placed, we blind ourself to our unity with all life, and instantly forget everyone else is God's Son too? Personal significance is a trap... a quicksand to the spiritually minded who walk, as we do often still, hearing two voices. There are two conditions in which we can be while walking the 'world of the two voices'. One is as a Knower, existing here in service to all other beings. The other is as all other beings exist in the world of duality, where, to quote The Grateful Dead, "sometimes the light's all shining on me.... other times I can barely see."

The purpose of this course has always been to help us see the Choice for Truth for what it really is. Once that has happened, denial of Unity disappears as an option, although we still sometimes error temporarily. But God's Voice never leaves us, and knowing that Voice, we return to the being found.

Today then is a beautiful day to continue our practice.

Namaste,

David

________________________________________________________________

Lesson 304

Let not my world obscure the sight of Christ.

I can obscure my holy sight, if I intrude my world upon it. Nor can I behold the holy sights Christ looks upon, unless it is His vision that I use. Perception is a mirror, not a fact. And what I look on is my state of mind, reflected outward. I would bless the world by looking on it through the eyes of Christ. And I will look upon the certain signs that all my sins have been forgiven me.

You lead me from the darkness to the light; from sin to holiness. Let me forgive, and thus receive salvation for the world. It is Your gift, my Father, given me to offer to Your holy Son, that he may find again the memory of You, and of Your Son as You created him.