Sunday, November 07, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 307

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

"To set up what you like against what you dislike is the disease of the mind." This Zen teaching from the 3rd Zen Ancestor gives its contemplator access to an amazing wisdom that the world never seems to understand, even though it is obvious that to be conflicted about something is not a state of peace.

As the teachings of the egoic world are by design meant to continue conflict, this should not be surprising to any sincere spiritual practitioner... therefore... as we continue to open to this moment endlessly, we learn from our experience that the accuracy of our guidance and intuition are derived from our willingness to receive it, even if our personal points of view differ from it. We simply learn we do not yet know everything, but that God does.

It is, after all, one of the core definitions of God: Being....All-Knowing, Omniscient, All-Powerful, Infinite. And on this journey we are all partaking of (called existence), we have the promise that our Source/God Knows us, and would have us Know Him/Her/It. That means the only thing for us to get to move forward on the journey is that we don't have to struggle to be what we already are.

Whenever I get that (again, or again, or again)... each time I remember that, it is so much easier to allow everything to just be that way that it is....which is 'under the complete control of 'God', never random or accidental. And of course, that allows for a renewed flow of love in my heart and my life.

Perhaps it will in yours also. :-)

Namaste,

David

__________________________________

Lesson 307

Conflicting wishes cannot be my will.

Father, Your Will is mine, and only that. There is no other will for me to have. Let me not try to make another will, for it is senseless and will cause me pain. Your Will alone can bring me happiness, and only Yours exists. If I would have what only You can give, I must accept Your Will for me, and enter into peace where conflict is impossible, Your Son is one with You in being and in will, and nothing contradicts the holy truth that I remain as You created me.

And with this prayer we enter silently into a state where conflict cannot come, because we join our holy will with God's, in recognition that they are the same.