Sunday, November 07, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 309

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Illusions are simply beliefs that are not true. Until fully liberated, we all have them, particularly about ourselves. One of the greatest powers of truth is to be a mirror into which we can look, to find mirrored back a new knowledge of our own being. Our willingness to look is our best friend in this, our fear to do the same our most challenging obstacle.

As todays lesson points out, this fear is really a nothingness, akin to being afraid of our own shadow. It is the fear of fear. And it is all an egoic smokescreen to keep us from discovering our true nature, our innocence, our holiness, our limitlessness.

Freedom from this kind of fear cannot be forced upon anyone who still desires to hide somewhere in the realms of personal identifications. But it is naturally discovered when a transmission of divine love quickens the desire to be spiritually free.

What this Course has always been about is each of us becoming such a transmission. Once held as only possible for adepts living renunciative lives, we are here now to complete all remaining fear barriers by discovering and accepting the validity of our true wholeness... by seeing ourselves through the eyes of our Eternal Beloved.

That discovery is based upon one fundamental realization that ends the temptation to continue harboring illusions. The realization? Only this (as the Course said it): that the truth is actually true.

Namaste,

David

________________________________________

Lesson 309

I will not fear to look within today.

Within me is eternal innocence, because it is God's Will that it be there forever and forever. I, His Son, whose will is limitless as is His Own, can will no change in this. For to deny my Father's Will is to deny my own. To look within is but to find my will as God created it, and as it is. I fear to look within because I think I made another will that is not true, and made it real. Yet it has no effects. Within me is the Holiness of God. Within me is the memory of Him.

The step I take today, my Father, is my sure release from idle dreams of sin. Your altar stands serene and undefiled. It is the holy altar to my Self, and there I find my true Identity.