Sunday, November 07, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 310

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

______________________________

"There is no room for fear, for we have welcomed love...".

These words paraphrased from todays lesson speak strongly to my heart, offering me guidance onward ---from this moment, to thismoment. They create images of being merged with my core wholeness, held safely above the turbulent waves of the world, and being protected by grace from the dark furies of my own forgetfulness.

Such images are not just vain imaginings or delusions.... rather they are reminders from holiness--- calling my heart to strengthen its commitment to vertical, instead of horizontal, consciousness. And vertically awake I do choose to be, for that is where direct revelatory access to Love exists.

It is like being 'in a spotlight' that is shining upon us from directly above. Wherever we go during the day, we can feel it stay directly above us, pouring upon us all manner of needed gifts from God--- which it then becomes our privilege to share, exactly and specifically 'as needed', with 'others' that have now become ourselves. This is my experience of 'being of service'.

Today, let us continue to so serve. There is nothing more useful to the world than forgetting ourselves through sharing God's Love.

Namaste,

David

__________________________

Lesson 310

In fearlessness and love I spend today.

This day, my Father, would I spend with You, as You have chosen all my days should be. And what I will experience is not of time at all. The joy that comes to me is not of days nor hours, for it comes from Heaven to Your Son. This day will be Your sweet reminder to remember You, Your gracious calling to Your holy Son, the sign Your grace has come to me, and that it is Your Will I be set free today.

We spend this day together, you and I. And all the world joins with us in our song of thankfulness and joy to Him Who gave salvation to us, and Who set us free. We are restored to peace and holiness. There is no room in us for fear today, for we have welcomed love into our hearts.