Saturday, April 17, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 107
©2010 Rev. David Seacord


Truth will correct all errors in my mind.
________________________________________

If I believe I am real, I will believe the world is real. If I can recognize the world is a dream, I can also discover 'I' am a dream also.

I awoke this morning into a deep peace. I have accepted and released 'the dreams of the world'. But I have gained the truth. I have stepped up to a new view again. I am clean. I am not hiding.

This is what it means to be a light. And this is what it means to be holy. It is not some idea of idealized perfection. It is simply being utterly authentic within the dream. Being authentic within the dream wakes me up from it. It bursts the bubble of 'my personal reality'. Being authentic within the dream makes me real, not to the world, but within and to my Self.

No dream can be the authentic truth. Being transitory, its very nature is ephemeral. It is based on the illusion of the insane idea of an 'I' that could be separate from Life, from God, from any 'other'. This illusion is not true Reality. Reality is the Truth of God, which we are all 'within', and At-One-With, dreaming, sleeping, or awake.

It is a free choice each of us have, to choose when and how we awaken to this recognition. This is also part of the dream. I have said I am writing for my Self, and this is more true now than ever. I write that I stay awake by sharing truth. And I can see this journey which I share with you will continue as long as I have breath within me.... and perhaps, even longer. We shall see....

Here and Now, there is no need or power commanding that I ever go to sleep again, although there is the temptation always. This beautiful world is the temptation. But if I do not believe 'I' am real, I will not dream the world is Real either. This is my freedom.... to choose to love my Self whatever the changing dreams of the world. To choose to know I am spirit. And, that I am whole. In this is my oneness with God. In this is my oneness with you.

Namaste,

David

________________________________________

First Person Edited Version
Lesson 107

Truth will correct all errors in my mind.

What can correct illusions but the truth? And what are errors but illusions that remain unrecognized for what they are? Where truth has entered errors disappear. They merely vanish, leaving not a trace by which to be remembered. They are gone because, without belief, they have no life. And so they disappear to nothingness, returning whence they came. From dust to dust they come and go, for only truth remains.

Can I imagine what a state of mind without illusions is? How it would feel? Yes....because I can remember when there was a time,–perhaps a minute, maybe even less–when nothing came to interrupt my peace; when I was certain I was loved and safe. Now, let me picture what it would be like to have that moment be extended to the end of time and to eternity. Then, let the sense of quiet that I feel (so extended) be multiplied a hundred times, and then be multiplied another hundred more.

My Voice for God speaks I then have a hint (not more than just the faintest intimation though) of the state my mind will rest in when the truth has come. Without illusions there can be no fear, no doubt and no attack. When truth has come all pain is over, for there is no room for transitory thoughts and dead ideas to linger in my mind. Truth then occupies my mind completely, liberating me from all beliefs in the ephemeral, the changing. These have no place because the truth has come, and they are now not here. They can not be found, for truth is everywhere forever, now.

When truth has come it does not stay a while, to disappear or change to something else. It does not shift and alter in its form, nor come and go and go and come again. It stays exactly as it IS and always IS, to be depended on in every need, and trusted with a perfect trust in all the seeming difficulties and the doubts that the appearances the world presents engender. These doubts and difficulties will merely blow away, when truth corrects the errors in my mind.

When truth has come it harbors in its wings the gift of perfect constancy, and love which does not falter in the face of pain, but looks beyond it, steadily and sure. Here is the gift of healing, for the truth needs no defense, and therefore no attack is possible. Illusions can be brought to truth to be corrected. But the truth stands far beyond illusions, and can not be brought to them to turn them into truth.

Truth does not come and go nor shift nor change, in this appearance now and then in that, evading capture and escaping grasp. It does not hide. It stands in open light, in obvious accessibility. It is impossible that anyone could seek it truly, and would not succeed. Today belongs to truth. I will give truth its due, and I know it will give me mine. I was not meant to suffer and to die. My Father wills those dreams be gone. I will let truth correct them all.

I shall not ask for what I do not have in truth. I merely ask for what belongs to me, that I may recognize it as my own. Today I practice on the happy note of certainty that has been born of truth. The shaky and unsteady footsteps of illusion shall not be my approach today. I shall be as certain of success as I are sure I live and love and breathe and think. I do not doubt I walk with truth today, and I count on it to enter into all the exercises that I do this day.

I will begin by asking Him Who goes with me upon this undertaking that He be in my awareness as I go with Him. For I am not made of flesh and blood and bone, but am created by the selfsame Thought which gave the gift of life to Him as well. He is my Brother, and so like to me my Father knows that we are both the same. It is my Self, my Christ-Self, I ask to go with me, and how could He be absent wherever I am?

Truth will correct all errors in my mind which tell me I could be apart from Him. I speak to Him today, and make my pledge to let His function be fulfilled through me. To share His function is to share His joy. His confidence is with me, as I say:

Truth will correct all errors in my mind,
And I will rest in Him Who is my Self.

Then will I let Him lead me gently to the truth, which will envelop me and give me peace so deep and tranquil that I will return to the familiar world reluctantly.

And yet I will be glad to look again upon this world. For I will bring with me the promise of the transformation which the truth that goes with me will carry to the world. They will increase with every gift I give of five small minutes, and the errors that surround the world will be corrected as I let them be corrected in my mind.

I will not forget my function for today. Each time I tell myself with confidence, "Truth will correct all errors in my mind," I speak for all the world and Him Who would release the world, as He would set me free.

______________________________

To rest in truth is to rest in peace. No other comments arise.... Namaste, David



_________________