Friday, April 09, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 98

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

 

I will accept my part in God's plan for salvation.

 

______________________________________________

 

 

"Leave no room for doubt in your mind."  It was one of the 'Five Commandments' of my first 'Sat-guru' (Perfect Master), after I was initiated and 'Received Knowledge' as a young yogi in my early twenties.  And, it is as true today as then, whether presented by a Hindu guru, a Sufi Murshid, a Landmark Forum leader, this Voice for God referred to as 'A Course in Miracles', or Bob Marley.  Any time we are 'awake', we hear the message coming through everything that is, for nothing can be without containing it.  It is in the silence, it is in the noise.  It is in the faraway, it is near.  It is in the ordinary, it is in the special.  It is in the birth, and it is in the death.  What is it?  It is the infinite Love of God.  

 

If your 'cup' is empty, it is your answer.  It cannot deny to answer, if you will but ask.  It has no price but your open heart.  It gives you everything. 

 

This I teach, that I may also learn.  

 

Namaste, 

 

David

 

_______________________________________________________

Edited to 'first person singular'.  

 

Lesson 98

I will accept my part in God's plan for salvation.

Today is a day of special dedication. I take a stand on but one side today. Iside with truth and let illusions go. I will not vacillate between 'the two' (the duality), but take a firm position with the One. I dedicate myself to truth today, and to salvation as God planned it beI will not argue it is something else. I will not seek for it where it is not. In gladness I accept it as it is, and take the part assigned to me by God.

How happy I am to be certain! All my doubts I lay aside today, and take mystand with certainty of purpose, and with thanks that doubt is gone and surety has come. I have a mighty purpose to fulfill, and have been given everything I need with which to 'reach the goal'. Not one mistake stands inmy way. For I have been absolved from errors. All my sins are washed awayby realizing they were but mistakes.

The guiltless have no fear, for they are safe and recognize their safety. They do not appeal to magic, nor invent escapes from fancied threats without reality. They rest in quiet certainty that they will do what it is given them to do. They do not doubt their own ability because they know their function will be filled completely in the perfect time and place. They took the stand whichI will take today, that I may share their certainty and thus increase it by accepting it myself.

They will be with me; all who took the stand I take today will gladly offer meall that they learned and every gain they made. Those still uncertain, too, will join with me, and, borrowing my certainty, will make it stronger still. While those as yet unborn will hear the call I have heard, and answer it when they have come to make their choice again. I do not choose but for myselftoday.

Is it not worth five minutes of my time each hour to be able to accept the happiness that God has given me? Is it not worth five minutes hourly to recognize my special function here? Is not five minutes but a small request to make in terms of gaining a reward so great it has no measure? I have made a thousand losing bargains at the least (in the past).

Here NOW is an offer guaranteeing me my full release from pain of every kind, and joy the world does not contain. I can exchange a little of my time for peace of mind and certainty of purpose, with the promise of complete success. And since time has no meaning, I am being asked for nothing in return for everything. Here is a bargain that I cannot lose. And what I gain is limitless indeed!

Each hour today I will give Him my tiny gift of but five minutes. He will giveme the words to use in practicing today's idea the deep conviction, and He will give me the certainty I lack. His words will join with mine, and make each repetition of today's idea a total dedication, made in faith as perfect and as sure as His in me. His confidence in me will bring the light to all the wordsI say, and I will go beyond their sound to what they really mean. Today I practice with Him, as I say:

I will accept my part in God's plan for salvation.

In each five minutes that I spend with Him, He will accept my words and give them back to me all bright with faith and confidence so strong and steady they will light the world with hope and gladness. I will not lose one chance to be the glad receiver of His gifts, that I may give them to the world today.

I will give Him the words, and He will do the rest. He will enable me to understand my special function. He will open up the way to my happiness, and peace and trust will be His gifts; His answer to my words. He will respond with all His faith and joy and certainty that what I say is true. And Iwill have conviction then of Him Who knows the function that I have on earth as well as Heaven. He will be with me each practice period I share with Him, exchanging every instant of the time I offer Him for timelessness and peace.

Throughout the hour, let my time be spent in happy preparation for the next five minutes I will spend again with Him. I will repeat today's idea while Iwait for the glad time to come to me again. I will repeat it often, and will not forget (that) each time I do so, I have let my mind be readied for the happy time to come.

And when the hour goes and He is there once more to spend a little time with meI will be thankful and lay down all earthly tasks, all little thoughts and limited ideas, and spend a happy time again with Him. I will tell Him once more that I accept the part that He would have me take and help mefill, and He will make me sure I chose this choice, which He has made withme and I with Him.

_________________________________________________