Saturday, April 10, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 100

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

 

My part is essential to God's plan for salvation.

 

________________________________________

 

 

One of the reasons my commentaries have been shorter of late is that a lot of my writing energy is now being put into the 'First Person' editing.  I am loving doing this, as it is similar to looking at something familiar through a microscope, and then discovering the amazing world I have been being blind to.   

 

So it is always with 'the journey of ongoing spiritual realization'.  To quote Gangaji, 'The revelation is endless'.  

 

'Editing' the lesson, I am experiencing, is like being an actor making a famous script 'his own'.  There are thousands of subtle inflectional tones available to the voice to indicate emphasis and meaning.  It is a bit more limited in writing, and yet, it is just 'as creative' to 'attempt the impossible' in a 'limited domain' as anywhere else.  It is 'the attempt' which is noble, and which grows the spirit, and spiritual power, especially where I take on re-languaging a 'difficult' phrase. That truly grows my 'guidance radar'. 

 

Anyway, I am receiving a lot from 'the effort' (but it is not 'an effort'.... it is 'a being carried'), and I invite you to try on the 'first person with edits' experience (if you haven't).  I continue to suggest reading it aloud, and also using the dramatic inflectional tools, even imagining you were delivering it to an audience with conviction.  See if that delivers the lesson to you 'newly'.  For that is the whole point--- to break out of any habitual view and to 'see differently'.  And, it's just another part of my journey with the Course this year that I am sharing, (which is happening 'organically', without preplanning, as I am inspired).  

 

And also of course, such like the lesson speaks of today, the reason I am following these inspirations is simply that they make me happy.  And that makes me a lit up 'teacher of God'.  Amazing it is, yes.  Just being happy gives me 'the best possible view'.  That is certainly something to remember.

 

Namaste, 

 

David

_____________________________________________

 

First Person/ Edited Version
Italics = change of word or new words added. 
Bold, Underline = added emphasis.

 

Lesson 100

My part is essential to God's plan for salvation.

Just as God's Son completes his Father, so my 'part in it' (being that I am God's Son too) completes my Father's plan alsoMy salvation must (and will)reverse my mad belief in separate thoughts and separate bodies, (which lead separate lives and go their separate ways). This one function 'shared by separate minds' unites all of us in one mighty purpose, for which each one ofus is equally essential to all of us.

God's Will for me is perfect happiness. Why would I choose then, to goagainst His Will? The part that He has saved for me to take (in working out His plan) is being given me that I might (and shall and will) be restored tothe perfect happiness He wills for me. My individual part is as essential to His plan as it is to my happiness. My (personal yet impersonal) joy must be complete in order to 'let His plan be understood' by those to whom He issending me. They will see their own function in my shining face, and they will hear God calling to them in my happy laugh.

I AM indeed essential to God's plan. Without my joy, His joy is incomplete. Without my smile, the world cannot be saved. While I am sad, the light that God Himself appointed as the means to save the world is dim and lusterless, and no one laughs because all laughter can but echo mine.

I AM indeed essential to God's plan. Just as my light increases every light that shines in Heaven, so my joy on earth calls to all minds to let their sorrows go, and take their place beside me in God's plan. God's messengers are joyous, and their joy heals sorrow and despair. I AM the proof that God wills perfect happiness for all who will accept our Father's gifts as theirs.

Therefore, I resolve I will not chose 'being sad' today. For if I do, I fail to 'take the part' that is essential to God's plan, as well as to my own clearvision. I will recognize sadness as 'the sign' that I have chosen to play 'another part', instead of what has been assigned to me by God. Thus do Ifail to show the world how great the happiness He wills for me IS. And in sodoing..... I do not recognize that IT IS mine (There is no guilt being laid here... it is just a simple fact--- not choosing JOY is equal to 'losing the connection'. We all know this from our own experience.)

Today I will authentically attempt to understand joy is my function here. If Iam sad, my part is unfulfilled, and all the world is thus deprived of joy, along with me. God asks me to be happy, so the world can see how much He loves His Son, and, God wills that no sorrow rises to abate my joy; and no fear besets me to disturb my peace. I AM God's messenger today. I bring His happiness to all I look upon; I bring His peace to everyone who looks on meand then sees His message in my happy face.

I will prepare myself for this (my wedding to my mission) today, in my five-minute practice periods, by feeling happiness arise in me according to myFather's Will and my will alsoI will begin the exercises with the thought today's idea contains. Then I will realize my part in God's Plan is to be happyOnly this is asked of me (or of anyone who chooses to take his place among God's messengers). Think what this means!!!! I have indeed been wrong in my belief that sacrifice is being asked forI 'but receive according to God's plan', and never to lose or to sacrifice or to die.

Now let me find this joy!!! This Joy that proves to me (and all the world) God's Will for me. It is my function that I find it here, and that I find itnow. For this I came. Let today be the day that I succeed! Looking deeplywithin my heartI will be undismayed by all the "little thoughts and foolish goals" I pass as I ascend to meet 'the Christ in me'.

He will be there. And I can reach Him now. What would I rather look upon 'in place of' Him Who waits that I may 'look on Him'? What little thought has power to hold me back? What foolish goal can keep me from success when He Who calls to me is my God Himself?

He will be there. I AM essential to His plan. I AM His messenger today. And Imust find what He would have me give. I will not forget the idea for today between my hourly practice periods. It is my Self Who calls to me today. And it is Him I answer, every time I tell myself I AM essential (vitally necessary) to God's plan for 'the salvation of the world'.

____________________________________