Friday, May 07, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 127

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

 

I had planned to drive further because there was still another hour of light left, but I hit the brakes when I saw that Sycamore Creek (in the Tonto NF northeast of Phoenix) had a good flow of water in it.  And in the past, I had done some very nice paintings at this place, but without the running water...so I 'had' to check it out.   Turns out I will 'have to' keep going anyway (to another camping spot I know), because my aircard cannot connect here, and I don't choose to leave you wondering what became of me....(or where your lesson is :-)  

 

Still, it's been a good stop, this hour + of being down at the creek, watching the hillsides change color as the sunset deepened, and watering all eight of my wheatgrass trays that I got clear at the last minute were coming too....  :-).  

 

But the biggest thrill is just the land, which is alive and vital.  50 + miles away from the city, this amazing area of saguaros is right now bursting out with their white blossoms, and the green white of century plant pods are everywhere amidst the boulders.  From the evidence left behind, the creek had been in serious flood earlier in the spring, maybe 6 feet higher than now, and all along it green somethings were growing in the floodwater saturated soils....  (I let out a whoop when I saw lambsquarters, but the oxalic acid taste was so strong I stopped after a few leaves).....

 

**********************

intermission for additional travel into the night....

 

**********************

Now would be a great time to have no need of sleep, for there is much of a spiritually insightful nature that I have had the opportunity to ponder today while traveling.  They will, this time, wait.  I have arrived at another past painting camp (with good cell service), and wish you the presence of holiness throughout your day.  For the summation of all the ponderings of this day can be simplified down to:  God/Love is the answer to everything unreal.  Peace to you.

 

Namaste, 

 

David

_________________________

Todays lesson, with my edits....

 

Lesson 127

There is no love but God's.

Sometimes I think that different kinds of love are possible. Sometimes I think there is a kind of love for this, a kind for that; a way of loving one, another way of loving still another. This is not clarity, for 'Love is one'. It (Love) has A. no separate parts and B. no degrees; C. no 'kinds' nor D. 'levels', E. no divergencies and F. it makes no 'distinctions'. It is simply and consistently 'like itself', unchanged throughout always. It never alters with a person or a circumstance. It is the Heart of God, and also it is the Heart of His Son. (It is therefore my true heart, and your true heart too. :-)

Love's 'meaning' is completely obscure to me anytime I am 'thinking' that love can 'change'. I then do not see that changing love must be impossible (by definition!). And thus I will be blind, and think that I can love at times, and hate at other times. I will also think that love can be bestowed on one, and yet remain itself although it is withheld from others. At any time, for me to believe these things of love is to not  understand it at that time. If Love could make such distinctions, it wouldhave to judge between 'the righteous' and 'the sinner', and perceive the Son of God in (unwhole) separate parts.

True Love cannot judge. As it is one itself, it looks on all as one. Loves meaning lies in oneness. And it therefore must elude the mind that thinks of it as partial or in part. There is no love but God's, and all of love is His. There is no other principle that rules where love is not. Love is a law without an opposite. Its wholeness is the power holding everything as one, the link between the Father and the Son which holds Them both forever as the same.

No course whose purpose is to teach me to remember who and what I really am could fail to emphasize that there can never be a difference in what I really am and what love is. Love's meaning is the same as my own, and is shared by God Himself. For what I am is also what He is, for I am his beloved creation, created of His Own Self. There is no love but His, and what He is, is only everything that there IS. There is no limit placed upon Himself, and so am I unlimited as well.

No law the world obeys can help me grasp love's meaning. What the world 'believes' was made to hide love's meaning, and to keep it dark and secret. There is not one principle the world upholds that does not violate the truth of what love is, (and what I am as well).

O Man/O Woman... seek not within the world to find thy Self. Love is not found there, in darkness and in death. Yet it is perfectly everywhere apparent to the eyes that see and ears that hear love's Voice. Today I shall practice making free my mind of all the laws I think I 'must' obey; of all the limits under which I live, and all the changes that I think are part of human destiny. Today I take the largest single step this course requests (in my advance towards its established goal).

My 'inner teacher' says that if I am successful and achieve the faintest glimmerings of understanding of what love means today, I have advanced in distance without measure and (in time) beyond the count of years (to my release). Let us together, then, be glad to give some time 'made sacred' to God today, and understand there is no better use for time than this.

For fifteen minutes twice today let us escape from every law in which we now believe. Let us open our mind and rest. The world that seems to hold us prisoner can be escaped by you, by me, by anyone who does not 'hold it dear'. Let us withdraw all value we have placed upon the worlds meager offerings and senseless gifts, and let the gifts of God replace them all. For they surely will.

Today I call to my Father and my God, certain that His Voice will answer. He Himself has promised me this. And He Himself will place a spark of truth igniting a fire of Joy within my mind wherever and whenever I give up a false belief (those 'dark illusions' of my 'reality', and of what love means). God promises He will shine His light all through my idle thoughts today, and help me understand the truth of love. In loving gentleness He will abide with me, as I allow His Voice to teach me love's true meaning to my now clean and open mind. And He will bless the lesson with His Love.

Today the 'legion of the future years of waiting for salvation' disappears before the timelessness of what I learn. Let us each give thanks today that we are being spared a future 'like the past'. Today I leave the past behind me, nevermore to be 'remembered' (re-made as 'real'). And I raise my eyes upon a different present, where a future dawns unlike the past in every attribute.

The world in infancy is newly born. And we each shall  all watch it grow in health and strength, to shed its blessing upon all who come to learn to cast aside the world they thought was made in hate (to be love's imagined enemy). Now are they all made free too, along with me. Now are they all my brothers in God's Love.

I will remember them throughout the day, because I cannot leave a part of me outside my love if I would know my Self. At least three times an hour today I shall think of one 'other' who makes this journey with me, and who comes to learn the same lesson that I must learn. And as that 'other' comes to mind, I shall give him this message from my Self:

I bless you, brother, with the Love of God, which I would share with you. For I would learn the joyous lesson that there is no love but God's and yours and mine and everyone's.