Monday, May 10, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 129

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

 

Beyond this world there is a world I want.

 

 

In response to an email I opened upon returning 'home' tonight,  instead of writing 'Commentary' this evening I have been guided to writing a private letter of apology to one of you in this circle whom I recently miscommunicated with.  It is an important letter, as my miscommunications created suffering for 'my brother', and I pray the letter heals these.  I am sharing this with you to ask that you bless the healing of this too, that God's love be fully present in this circle.  Also, to let you know why (other than this note, and the edited lesson) there is no personal commentary today.  Thank you for understanding that this was 'the lesson' for me tonight.  And thank you for your blessings always.  

 

Namaste, 

 

David

 

_______________________

First Person Edited lesson.....

Lesson 129

Beyond this world there is a world I choose.

This is the thought that follows from the one  practiced yesterday. I cannot stop with the idea that 'the world is worthless', for unless I see that there is something else, I will only be depressed. The emphasis is not 'on giving up the world', but on exchanging it for what is far more satisfying, filled with joy, and capable of offering me peace. Think I this world can offer that to me?

It might be worth a little time to think once more about the value of this world. Perhaps I will concede there is no loss in letting go all thought of value here. For the world I see is merciless indeed, unstable, cruel, unconcerned with me, quick to avenge and pitiless with hate. It gives only to rescind, and takes away all things that I have cherished for a while. No lasting love is found, for none is here. This is the world of time, where all things end.

Is it a loss to find a world instead where losing is impossible; where love endures forever, hate cannot exist and vengeance has no meaning? Is it loss to find all the things I really desire, and know they have no ending and they will remain exactly as I would wish them throughout time? (Yet even they will be exchanged at last for what cannot be spoken of, for I go from there to where words fail entirely, into a silence where the language is unspoken and yet surely understood).

Communication, unambiguous and plain as day, remains unlimited for all eternity. And God Himself speaks to His Son, as His Son speaks to Him. Their language has no words, for what They say cannot be symbolized. Their knowledge is direct and wholly shared and wholly one. How far away from this am I, who stay bound to this world. And yet how near am I, when I exchange it for the world God gives me. 

Now is this last step certain; now I stand an instant's space away from timelessness. Here can I but look forward, never back to see again the world I only dream as real. Here is the world that comes from God to take its place, as I unbind my mind from little things the world sets forth to keep me prisoner. If I value them not, they will disappear. If I esteem them, they will 'seem real' to me.

Such is the choice. What loss can it be for me in choosing not to value nothingness? This world holds nothing that I really would choose, but what I choose instead I choose indeed! Letit be given me today. It waits but for my choosing it, to take the place of all the things I seek but do not find in this world.

Let me sincerely practice my willingness to make this choice ten minutes in the morning and at night, and once more in between. Let me begin with this:

Beyond this world there is a world I choose. 
I choose to see that world instead of this, 
for here is nothing that I would really choose.

Then let me close my eyes upon the world I see, and in the silent darkness watch the lights that are 'not of this world' light one by one, until where one begins and another ends loses all meaning as they blend into one.

Today the lights of Heaven bend to me, to shine upon my eyelids as I rest beyond the world of darkness. Here is light my eyes can not behold. And yet my mind can see it plainly, and can understand. A day of grace is being given me today, and I give thanks. This day I realize that what I feared to lose was 'only loss'.

Now do I understand there is no loss. For I have seen its opposite at last, and I am grateful that the choice is made. Let me remember my decision hourly, and take a moment to confirm my choice by laying by whatever thoughts I have, and dwelling briefly only upon this:

The world I see holds nothing that I choose. 
Beyond this world there is a world I choose.