Monday, May 10, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 130

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

 

It is impossible to see two worlds.

 

 

Today miracles happened, and I was 'present' to (at least) some of them.  That miracles happen every day is clear, yet (in the past, I affirm) it  has been the nature of my life that I was often blind to them, or took them for granted.  

 

Anyway, today was 'international language day' in a way.  The letter of apology that I labored on last night in lieu of writing this Commentary resolved itself as a language interpretation issue (This Commentaries distribution has found it's way to native speakers of other tongues, and that created non-similar English phrasing usage to my understanding.  In other words, there were two different languages still being spoken).  So I wrote a long response to a short note, sort of like not getting a joke.   All's well now.  

 

Then another language/cultural reality arose around 'the waterfall' (For non-subscribers, this is a reference the emailed version--- which contains art images).  It turns out that in Russia today it is a major national celebration, a 'Victory Day!'  (about the end of WW2, which cost the Russian nation over 27 million dead.)  This particular Russian reader is a very skilled artist also, and I think it would have suited him better if my art had been something different.  My apologies to him for my lack of planetary history.  I am still learning though, every day, more of what it will take to become a truly 'planetary citizen'.  (That however, is 'another conversation').   

 

In my own local universe, I found myself on the Santa Fe healing table of an amazing shamanic medical intuitive and conscious channeler who is currently visiting here from Hawaii.  Much emotional energy moved, much mental confusion was cleared, and physically I am carrying (enbodying) a new and much more whole vibration too.  She did not do this work alone, but with the unseen but feelable presence of the numerous angelic beings who I am working with this lifetime, and who welcomed the opportunity to speak to me through her (and answer my questions and give me messages).  My past was reviewed and contextualized (i.e., some of the issues in my life being carried over from past incarnations).   My body's condition was also evaluated and physical recommendations were made.  Some of the veil over my future work was lifted, certainly enough to end a few of the conversations of resistance about why things are the way they are for me right now, and to give me a deeper peace and faith about the direction I am being intuitively guided.  Gratefully, it was all taped.  (And yes, I am happy to share referral info to anyone interested, also.)

 

This has all been written before even seeing what the lesson for today is.... best look into that now.  I am sure it will be revelatory.  

 

Namaste, 

 

David

__________________________________

This version contains my 'first person edits and other additions.

 

Lesson 130

It is impossible to see two worlds.

Perception is consistent. What I see reflects my thinking. And my thinking only reflects my choice of what I choose to see. My values are determiners of this, for what I value I must want to see, believing what I see is really there. No one can see a world his mind has not accorded value. And no one can fail to look upon what he believes he desires.

Yet who can really hate and love at once? Who can desire what he does not wish to have be a reality? And who can choose to see a world of which he is afraid? Fear must make blind, for this its weapon is: That which I fear to see I cannot see. Love and perception thus go hand in hand, but fear obscures in darkness what is there.

What, then, can fear project upon the world? What can be seen in darkness that is real? Truth is eclipsed by fear, and what remains is but imagined. Yet what can be real in blind imaginings of panic born? What would I choose to have this shown to me? What would I wish to keep, in such a dream?

Fear has made everything I think I see. All separation, all distinctions, and the multitude of differences I believe in that make up the world. They are not there. Love's enemy has made them up. Yet love can have no enemy, and so they have no cause, no being and no consequence. They can be valued, but remain unreal. They can be sought, but they can not be found. Today God, I will not seek for them, nor waste this day in seeking what can not be found.

It is impossible to see two worlds which have no overlap of any kind. Seek for the one; the other disappears. Only one then remains. They are the range of choice beyond which my decision cannot go. The real and the unreal are all there are to choose between, and nothing more or less than these.

Today then God, I will attempt 'no compromise' where none is possible. The world I see is proof I have already made a choice as all-embracing as its opposite. What I would learn today is more than just the lesson that I cannot see two worlds. It also teaches that the one I see is quite consistent from the point of view from which I see it. It is all of one piece because it stems from one emotion, and reflects its source in everything I see.

OK, God, six times today, in thanks and gratitude, I will gladly give five minutes to the thought that ends all compromise and doubt, and go beyond them all as one. I will not make a thousand meaningless distinctions, nor attempt to bring with me a little part of unreality, as I devote my mind to finding only what is real.

I will begin my searching for the other world by asking for a strength beyond my own, and recognizing what it is I seek. I do not want illusions. And I have come to these five minutes emptying my hands of all the petty treasures of this world. I will wait for God to help me, as I say:

It is impossible to see two worlds. Let me accept the 
strength God offers me and see no value in this world, 
that I may find my freedom and deliverance.

God will be there. For I have called upon the great unfailing power which will take this giant step with me in gratitude. Nor will I fail to see His thanks expressed in tangible perception and in truth. I will not doubt what I will look upon, for though it is perception, it is not the kind of seeing that my eyes alone have ever seen before. And I will know God's strength upheld me as I made this choice.

I shall dismiss temptation easily today whenever it arises, merely by remembering the limits of my choice. The unreal or the real, the false or true is what I see and only what I see. Perception is consistent with my choice, and hell or Heaven comes to me as one.

If I accept even a little part of hell as real, I have damned my eyes and cursed my sight, and what I will behold is hell indeed. Yet the release of Heaven still remains within my range of choice, to take the place of everything that hell would show to me. All I need say to any part of hell, whatever form it takes, is simply this:

It is impossible to see two worlds. 
I seek my freedom and deliverance, 
and this is not a part of what I would have.