Sunday, June 27, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 178

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

New territory. Today I finally got 'I am owned'. All my life my ego has told me I am a 'free man', and I have lived that 'to the max'. But today, I saw it was, and always has been, a lie. I have, and have always had, an owner. Not only do I have an owner, but today I even saw I am not ever really happy doing 'my thing, by my own will'. I recognized 'doing the will of my owner' is where I find my truest happiness and deepest peace.

It was 'the questions' that led me to this. Because, 'What am I willing to be responsible for?' led me directly to "Well, how do I be responsible for ______?". (Big 'blanks', like: Having a life... having talents... my parents. Or little blanks, like: What do I do about that show I have to decide about? etc). Anyway, asking opened me, and started me 'emptying'. And receiving answers. And somewhere in the dialogue I realized that I do not have an independent life anymore, that I am 'happily owned'. And guided (I could say 'coached'), as much as I will listen. I have the appearance of being an 'individual', but it is only an appearance. I am really a 'team', voluntarily cooperative with my owner. And I'm appearing here for a few years, assigned by my owner to make 'a few deliveries to the world'. That's the game He's got me playing.... just inserting a few upgrading amendments to the currently 'dated' owners manual, because it seems some of the instructions aren't being clearly understood these days.

It's the normal thing that happens here in 3D. Language changes, gets further developed (or devolves), time passes, and the old manuals don't make sense to those thinking in the current language usage. No big deal, it's still just a bit part (not the ego's 'starring role' fantasy). And the thing is, what fun!!!

Just think... God's Love is the kiss of life....

Namaste,

David

_________________________________________

Lesson 178

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(165) Let not my mind deny the Thought of God.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(166) I am entrusted with the gifts of God.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.