Sunday, August 01, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 209

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

I feel the Love of God within me now.

What is the 'peace of God'? The question arose, bubbling through my ego mind with a sense of strangeness... why would I be wondering about something like that? But as a wonderful string of answers began to arise, it was those answers that captured my hearts attention.... for it (my heart) desired deeply to know...

****************

The peace of God IS when nothing in the world disturbs the love in my heart or the peace of my mind.... So that I am able to be exactly where I am and doing what I am doing with no second-guessing, no wondering SHOULD I be doing something else. The peace of God KNOWS I cannot be 'in the wrong place' ever....

The peace of God contains no guilt. And, no shame.... So that I am able to be authentic and natural.... an open book, hiding nothing from myself, hiding nothing from you.

The peace of God allows me to 'make mistakes'. My mistakes are the gifts of God's education. There is no shame in 'being wrong'. There is instead, the growth of humility.

The peace of God has no imagined 'needs'. God is my complete and total supplier. All that I truly require is always provided by Him. Whenever I am resisting what is.... thinking I need something else before I can be happy.... I give up the peace of God.

The peace of God is fully present, living not in the future, living not in the past. LIving in this moment, living nothing is missing.... When I see from HERE, I have the peace of God.

The peace of God is not 'trying to survive' anything. Only when I think I am a body do I fear the possibility of aging, dying, or illness of the body. When I have actually discovered that, being created by God, I am eternal like him also, then there is no one called I trying to survive, no holding-onto/clinging-to 'my form' beyond its usefulness. Then there is just God-as-me at peace, being a part of God-as-infinity's eternal life.

The peace of God lives in my heart and is my true home. Who I am, in the truest sense, IS the peace of God, for when I am knowing myself as peace, I am naturally the lover of all beings, and my peace knows all beings are my brothers, and actually, even deeper, they are myself.

The peace of God gives me a clear sightedness, and makes me able to see God's hand working in my own life and the lives of those around me. It eliminates confusion from my mind, and provides me with direction and directive that I know comes from God. Thus I have certainty without arrogance.

The peace of God lets me know myself in ways I 'would have thought' were impossible. For only with the courage that arises on the bedrock of God's Peace could I face the challenges that God leads my life to. Each day is a gift...and another test from God.... to see if I am fully stable in my peace. All disturbances are there as gifts to me, to practice exercising being at peace in all kinds of circumstances.....

Therefore,

Let blame come,

Let shame come,

Let nakedness and vulnerability come,

Let wealth come or go,

Let reputation arise or fall,

Let dreams be made real or be dashed to shreds,

Let lovers in, let lovers leave,

Let pilgrimages be made and returned from,

Let the body be decayed or radiant,

To the peace of God, it is all one....

It is the mirror we practice being infinity within...

The Peace of God is who we are,

both the Way to the Goal, and the Goal,

both the practice of the truth, and the Truth,

both the source of existence and non-being.

What is there to doubt when there is no I apart?

Namaste,

David

__________________________

Lesson 209

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(189) I feel the Love of God within me now.

The Love of God is what created me. The Love of God is
everything I am. The Love of God proclaimed me as His
Son. The Love of God within me sets me free.

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.