Sunday, August 01, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 210

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

I choose the joy of God instead of pain.

I know pain does not seem like our own idea.... it seems like it comes from the world.... and if only the world would cooperate and other people would live like we are all supposed to, then none of us would have the pain in our lives that we do. To this the Course proposes a radical idea: The is no pain but the pain we create. God does not create pain, for God is Love. We are love too, but until we remember that, we are 'in pain' 24/7, even when it seems like we are happy. I say that because there is no happiness that is real happiness unless it arises from the love in our heart, out of the realization that we are the same love that God is. Anything else is what Werner Erhard called 'circumstantially derived happiness'. That kind of happiness is the stuff of suffering in disguise. Eventually the disguise wears thin, and we see we have been fooling only ourselves.

We can stop that if we have the courage to get present with our true being, look into our heart, get quiet, tell the truth, and choose God's Love instead of self.

Namaste,

David

________________________________

Lesson 210

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(190) I choose the joy of God instead of pain.

Pain is my own idea. It is not a Thought of God, but one I
thought apart from Him and from His Will. His Will is joy,
and only joy for His beloved Son. And that I choose, instead
of what I made.

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.