Saturday, December 25, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 342

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Last night choosing to not write was 'right', and the rest was deep and regenerating. In this morning's motel-based dawn I hear the Voice say 'Why not write now, in the morning, so that if you are exhausted at the days end, it will be already done'. This guidance reminds me of one of the 'five commandments' of my first 'guru' in the early 1970's: Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. (It was explained as 'the secret of a productive life'.) Although of course my ego has many times done exactly that, there are also the many times I have been grateful for that wisdom and followed it. So I share it from the 'half-full' perspective.... and the knowing that while wisdom unused is of little avail, the times it does get used are what 'counts.... and allow 'a chain of miracles' into the world.

Now, this economy motel I'm in right now 'leaves something to be desired', yet in God's world, as the lesson today guides us, to "let creation be as You would have it be, and as it is" it is totally possible to practice being happy and grateful to have had it to rest in. True, I have noted the cockroach (but only once), the mangled barely functioning refrigerator (but I didn't really need to use it anyway), the fact that the only electrical outlet was in the bathroom and so worn that I had to use some duct tape to hold the plug to it so that it wouldn't just fall out (but I did have the duct tape with me in my piano repair supplies so God covered that too..), and even though the floor of the shower was very slippery and would be dangerous for someone unstable, I have good balance and so thoroughly enjoyed the shower AND the fact that there was plenty of hot water AND a single hot/cold control which made it easy for me do what is called 'hot/cold hydro therapy' on my aching arm and shoulder (sore from piano tuning all day). [On the pain area, you alternate between running water 'as hot as you can stand it for as long as you can stand it', and then switching it to 'as cold as you can stand it for as long as you can stand it'. If you do this a few times (like 7 or so) the contraction/expansion effect pumps fresh blood into the sore area, which helps with pain relief and healing.]

So this morning, I'm as ready as I am to meet the day's adventures in 'a new piano territory out in the toolies of SE New Mexico' which I've never been sent to before. Yesterday was full of 'repairs needed' surprises.... We'll see what the day brings, WHILE PRACTICING BEING HAPPY RIGHT NOW. :-).

Namaste,

David

________________________________

Lesson 342

I let forgiveness rest upon all things,
For thus forgiveness will be given me.

I thank You, Father, for Your plan to save me from the hell I made. It is not real. And You have given me the means to prove its unreality to me. The key is in my hand, and I have reached the door beyond which lies the end of dreams. I stand before the gate of Heaven, wondering if I should enter in and be at home. Let me not wait again today. Let me forgive all things, and let creation be as You would have it be and as it is. Let me remember that I am Your Son, and opening the door at last, forget illusions in the blazing light of truth, as memory of You returns to me.

Brother, forgive me now. I come to you to take you home with me. And as we go, the world goes with us on our way to God.