Saturday, December 25, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 344

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Letting God give me my life moment by moment worked out pretty well yesterday....just like it always has whenever I've remembered to remember what 'living by grace' is like. I really enjoyed the pre-dawn silence of the southeast NM high plains and was struck by the etherial beauty of the softly clouded slowly lightening skies. Driving the 45 miles into Carlsbad, I stopped at a grocery store, and was internally-prompted to ask a produce clerk if there were any truck stops nearby where I could buy a shower. Of all things, she said yes, because she had used to work there. 'Roughing it' gives me a great appreciation of simple things like showers, and the delightful feelings of being freshly cleansed. I piggybacked wifi from a parking lot next to a motel to send you yesterdays Commentary, and then after a few missed turns, found my target LDS church.

Here's the thing, the breakthrough.... I worked doing what needed to be done without a conversation between my ears. No complaints at all when repair needs arose. In fact, it was the most I've loved 'being a piano tuner' in a great long while. It slowed me down in other ways too.... I made a nice meal for myself to enjoy, which I did. I also enjoyed playing the instruments for a few minutes after each was finished, instead of just 'powering on' to the next. In other words, it was a day of work driven by grace instead of driven by drivenness. At the end, it was a very satisfied me that closed the doors of the church building behind me. I had come to be a blessing, and I had been.... AND I had also been blessed.

In this... being another morning send because of cell service... I send you my embrace of 'the adventure'. May your day be well lived.

Namaste,

David

___________________________

Lesson 344

Today I learn the law of love; that what
I give my brother is my gift to me.

This is Your law, my Father, not my own. I have not understood what giving means, and thought to save what I desired for myself alone. And as I looked upon the treasure that I thought I had, I found an empty place where nothing ever was or is or will be. Who can share a dream? And what can an illusion offer me? Yet he whom I forgive will give me gifts beyond the worth of anything on earth. Let my forgiven brothers fill my store with Heaven's treasures, which alone are real. Thus is the law of love fulfilled. And thus Your Son arises and returns to You.

How near we are to one another, as we go to God. How near is He to us. How close the ending of the dream of sin, and the redemption of the Son of God.