Friday, April 23, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 113

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

 

Reviewing: (95) I am one Self, united with my Creator.

(96) Salvation comes from my one Self.

___________________________________________

 

 

I realized I made a small 'miss' as I re-read the line in Commentary 112 this morning that goes "because it is possible to use our personal will to deepen our separation", etc.   I could have written "because it is possible to use our IMAGINED personal will to deepen our separation".......  Is the point clear?  That we/I are dream figures in a dream imagining we are real?  If this is true (and all the saints of the world declare that it is, one way or another) then obviously the question (and the quest) is ....WHO WILL WE BE WHEN WE WAKE UP?   Perhaps it will be 'the actual Dreamer', the one who is creating the entire dream.  And  beyond that even, perhaps it will be the One who is the 'space' for the Dreamer to exist within....  

 

Spirituality is a lot like chess.... how make moves ahead can you see?  Only instead of 'ahead', it's 'how many profound possibilities underlying even deeper profound possibilities can we contemplate?  And then functionally hold them in our awareness, as we live our imagined separate existences.  

 

Here is a key....  while the mind is large, the heart is larger.  It has the ability to reduce the contemplated complexity that enamors the mind to ultimate simplicity.  That simplicity is Love.  Therefore, it takes 'no mind' to 'follow the path'.  Like the nose of a bloodhound following a scent, may you and I trust 'the nose of our Love'.

 

This I teach, that I may also so learn.

 

Namaste, 

 

David