Saturday, May 29, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 149

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

 

Reviewing:

 

My mind holds only what I think with God.

(137) When I am healed I am not healed alone. 
(138) Heaven is the decision I must make.

 

 

The engine is silent now, and the wheels are still.  The faux windmill among the cactus next to the aloe spins lazily in the gentle warm evening breeze.  The last remnants of a splendid low desert sunset outlines the spires of the palms punctuating the horizon, singing praises to Allah, the most beautiful, and the world His Love has created.  And for now, I am finally 'home in Yuma'. 

 

I wonder a bit about 'what now', as I sit and be a simple human on this earthship watching the heavens ascend, just as my ancestors have for millennia.  But it is not a high priority of mine right now, to peer into the future.  There is plenty of places to put my love within a stones toss....  

 

I was listening to a radio show describe the life of Emily Dickenson a day or so ago.   It was a surprise to learn that she was unknown as a poet in her lifetime, and, living on a small piece of family land, was mostly known by her neighbors for her gardening skills.  Then I recognized what was important about her life (for me).....  that she had lived it true.  She was authentic, and real, and unpretentious.  And what she wrote was therefore powerful.... 

 

A few days ago a friend checked out my astrology (for fun).  But I have be thinking about a thought that was shared then....  that while I have many talents and gifts to offer, my lesson in this life is in learning humility.  What I am seeing about that right now is that humility is 'living in oneness' really.

 

And don't is always seem to be that 'you teach best what you need to learn most'.  Amen to that.  And with that, we now begin 'the next chapter'.  

 

Thank you God, it's been a beautiful day.  And tomorrow is your promise of more endless miracles.  How great thou art....

 

Namaste, 

 

David

 

Lesson 149

My mind holds only what I think with God.

(137) When I am healed I am not healed alone. 
(138) Heaven is the decision I must make.