Monday, June 28, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 179

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

Seeing into the future is not the same as 'planning'. It is more like letting love show what could be, and then acting in ways consist with that vision...

Clearly (for me) this knowing arises 'right on time'. As I share my life with God more and more completely, I recognize I am less blind (in ways that I recognize I was blind before). For instance, today I attended a church where a teenaged boy played the piano for the hymns for the first time. He was very inexperienced and made a lot of mistakes, BUT, he did not quit, or even look flustered. I got 'he knew he belonged', and the group was universally accepting of his effort. Somewhere inside me fast-forwarded a decade and saw him then.... saw that he had become a completely accomplished piano player of great skill. So that was the way I voted, vibrationally, joining in with the rest of the group in supporting him in his musical infancy, that he could then become who I saw he knew he was.

We all start somewhere. On this spiritual journey we experience breakthroughs and seeming breakdowns, successes and seeming failures, fullness and seeming emptiness, sanity and seeming insanity. And we are blessed through it all, for we are not alone, whatever the appearance.

We choose assignments to 'learning teams' and are given curriculums within our ability to master. Our greatest challenge and most important success through it all is the quieting of our mind.... disconnecting it from our assessments and judgements, especially of ourselves, and allowing it to expend it's egoic energy against nothing that resists. Thus do we learn how to learn, and by trusting ourselves, to trust our God completely.

Namaste,

David

______________________________

The Original Lesson

Lesson 179

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(167) There is one life, and that I share with God.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(168) Your grace is given me. I claim it now.

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.