Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 214

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

I place the future in the hands of God.

You and I don't have to go anywhere to be a servant of God. We just need to be willing to do the work that God has given us today. Everywhere I look I see this is the lesson waiting to be learned.... by me, and also by others. The old saying 'Bloom where you are planted' sums it up, particularly if you add 'now'.

However, let me say that 'now' doesn't mean forever..... It just means don't hold back 'on the lightwork' wherever you are because you have some personal plan to head over the hill. Personally, I think the best way to get over the hill 'karma clean' is to learn the lesson that is available 'here', and complete that curriculum where you are. If that is done, when you leave, you leave behind a family of friends and supporters, AND because of that, you can return with honor. Why set life up to have to re-present the same old lesson in a different place with slightly different circumstances, and different people (except of course the central character, meaning us/me/you).

Sure we develop preferences BUT.... IF you are committed to walking some version of 'the Great Way', and you have gotten to the place where you can see most of the time that you are not this body, then where you are, and what you are doing while there.... they become much less important that they are to somebody who thinks they ARE the body.

This stands on the shoulders of what I spoke of yesterday about freedom. Because my 'simple truth' is that the way I or anyone grows in spiritual freedom is to be willing to serve where they are. In essence, this IS 'seeking the Kingdom of Heaven FIRST.... and allowing all else to be added'.... as a function of wholeness/holiness/God's will being done.

All it takes is a 'little willingness' to find out that most of us can 'be quite happy' with much less than we idealize (in terms of job, location, the kind of culture around us, etc...). Placing the future in the hands of God will ease the pain of being where we 'don't want to be', if that is an issue. If it is, I would suggest 'gratitude work', as a perhaps appropriate remedy. Wherever we are, there is always a lot to be grateful for. We tend to forget that, projecting greener pastures elsewhere. It's hard to stay balanced when projecting. We tend to create a skewed view. Trusting God to know when we are ready to move on, and to give us the go signal when it really IS time, is the same as recognizing that the only thing we are doing that is really important is learning to serve God/Love/Life/Wholeness completely, and without fear.

When the fear of being 'trapped' wherever we are has been burned up in the facing of ourselves where we are, the freedom of a new fearlessness will attract to us a powerful new mission. Which we will be PERFECT for. It's just the way it actually works, at least as I see it.

Namaste,

David

_______________________________

Lesson 214

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(194) I place the future in the Hands of God.

The past is gone; the future is not yet. Now am I freed
from both. For what God gives can only be for good. And
I accept but what He gives as what belongs to me.

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.