Sunday, August 01, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 211

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

I am the holy son of God himself.

Referring to the passage in the lesson, to me the 'silence' means true meditation practice. There are numerous wonderful meditation techniques to use--- available in our western culture now, which didn't use to be the case--- all of them have value. Some may be better suited for some temperaments than others, but that is for you to say. That is where humility comes in. What humility really is is being completely self-honest. For when anyone of us is that, we know we are 'nobody special'.... we know we are both 'a Son of God' and at the same, we are absolutely NOT 'favored' of God, for God loves each of us equally. That is the main thing the Course is trying to get us to see.... how to love like God loves, which is TOTALLY EQUALLY towards all beings. How could He not--- He IS everyone, and to give an unequal love would put Him at war with Himself, just like we often are. Lucky for us, our Source is completely clear Who He IS.

What the game plan is for us today is to trust Him.... with everything.

Namaste,

David

_____________________________

Lesson 211

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(191) I am the holy Son of God Himself.

In silence and in true humility I seek God's glory, to behold
it in the Son whom He created as my Self.

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.