Thursday, August 26, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 229

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Love, which created me, is what I am.

Or, said another way: "What I am is the Love which created me." How could this not be recognized.... is it not plain to see that if something creates something else, to do that requires the Creator to put the essence of Himself/Herself into 'the created', and that what is really happening then is the re-creation of the Creator, ...as you, as I? If that did not happen, how could 'the creation' even exist? It could not exist, for, to exist, it must exist 'within its Creator'. And, if it exists within its creator, how could it then not know its Creator, and also know that it's Creator knows it? I assert we do know.... just as all 'created ones' know, for we did not create ourselves. And from this simple Knowledge arises all our relatedness to God and to each other. For what is One in the beginning will never not be One.

All this makes clearer the truth that 'ideas leave not their source', and that it is impossible to not be connected/related--- to anyone and everyone.

Therefore, to even be considering another as 'separate' is the same as being insane ourselves. Even in a world where everyone is living in this pretense, this is obvious to anyone willing to look at themselves nakedly.

You and I are this 'anyone looking willingness'. We are here now to look upon ourselves for the benefit of all humanity. We are each among those that comprise the mystical square root of 1% of humanity which tips the momentum of our collective human destiny. The amazingly under-recognized miracle is that we are each here of our own free will. That alone testifies to the true power of Love, and our oneness with it.

Namaste,

David

______________________

Lesson 229

Love, which created me, is what I am.

I seek my own Identity, and find It in these words: "Love, which created me, is what I am." Now need I seek no more. Love has prevailed. So still It waited for my coming home, that I will turn away no longer from the holy face of Christ. And what I look upon attests the truth of the Identity I sought to lose, but which my Father has kept safe for me.

Father, my thanks to You for what I am; for keeping my Identity untouched and sinless, in the midst of all the thoughts of sin my foolish mind made up. And thanks to You for saving me from them. Amen.