Friday, September 17, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 260

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord



Let me remember God created me.

The best way to remember is: to not forget. Starting with this breath. Then staying with this breath. There is no longer any need of ever leaving the heart of God. Are not all your needs provided? Is not your life clearly held up and blessed each and every day? Do not all the challenges of life also bring with them gifts that allow you and I to meet them? Does not a spirit of holiness protect you from the insanities of this world? Are you not like the lotus flower, floating upon the waters of life?

There is a famous image, from the Hindu tradition.... a swan swims up to you as you pour milk into the water... the swan drinks the milk from the water, without drinking the water. This describes the grace of discernment... the gift of recognizing the difference between what is real, and what is not. You and I have received this gift. Today is our day to practice using it, that the seed of your perfected being may reach its full maturity. Just always remember, there is only one of us here. :-)

Namaste,

David

__________________________________

Lesson 260

Let me remember God created me.

Father, I did not make myself, although in my insanity I thought I did. Yet, as Your Thought, I have not left my Source, remaining part of Who created me. Your Son, my Father, calls on You today. Let me remember You created me. Let me remember my Identity. And let my sinlessness arise again before Christ's vision, through which I would look upon my brothers and myself today.

Now is our Source remembered, and Therein we find our true Identity at last. Holy indeed are we, because our Source can know no sin. And we who are His Sons are like each other, and alike to Him.