Friday, September 17, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 255

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

This day I choose to spend in perfect peace.

The peace of God is the greatest gift we can receive in this life. Throughout history, we have the testimony of those who have had it, speaking that it allows tranquility regardless of circumstance, and empowers a being with both strength, endurance, and courage when facing the challenges of life.

One of the revolutionary thoughts presented in the Course is that this peace is 'chosen' by us alone. While most people are correct that God's peace is a blessing, what is often overlooked is that it is a totally available blessing, and having it is completely dependent upon our choice to ask for and receive it......

*************

That's as far as I got Saturday morning before heading to Phoenix, thinking I'd have a few chances to finish later in the day. That didn't happen, but what did was the appearance of the master bodywork healer that I have been calling for. We met tonight at a rawfood potluck, and after a brief conversation about the chronic pain in my shoulder that was now also in my elbow, we found a quiet place and he went to work on me--for two hours. The work was also (very) painful, but a good kind of pain (kind of like re-constructing, actually), and the breathwork he coached me in was excellent in assisting me to release many held in emotions and tears. Clearly God loves me, as this healer was told to come to this event because someone would need him. Obviously, that someone was me.

So anyway, right now I am a wrung out puppy in need of a deep sleep (and no driving till after I sleep), which is waiting until I send out something to this Commentary circle that makes coherent sense. I wasn't planning on staying over, but body knows best...

Let's just say tonight I'm taking a needed break. Peace to you all.

Namaste,

David

___________________________________

Lesson 255

This day I choose to spend in perfect peace.

It does not seem to me that I can choose to have but peace today. And yet, my God assures me that His Son is like Himself. Let me this day have faith in Him Who says I am God's Son. And let the peace I choose be mine today bear witness to the truth of what He says. God's Son can have no cares, and must remain forever in the peace of Heaven. In His Name, I give today to finding what my Father wills for me, accepting it as mine, and giving it to all my Father's Sons, along with me.

And so, my Father, would I pass this day with You. Your Son has not forgotten You. The peace You gave him still is in his mind, and it is there I choose to spend today.