Monday, October 11, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 274

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Today belongs to love. Let me not fear.

This will probably be pretty short, as tomorrow at 5 is the opening reception of my Yuma show, and there's still a lot to do.

But also I need to mention a few things before too much time passes or risk forgetting my realizations. So I'll get right to it. 1. Realized the 'Rev.' (in my case) could actually be short for 'reveal thyself'. I mean, like 'tell on yourself'. And then I realized that was what I liked about the 'preachers' I liked the most too... that they were candid about what it was really like to be 'them'. 2. That connection happened after a animated conversation with my long-time insurance agent, who I'd called finally, now that I am a convicted stop-sign runner, to see if that would mean an increase in insurance rates. Well, the man delivered the satsang of integrity to me, up one side and down the other. With love... we've known each other a long time. So I got to look at 'well, why hadn't I called him a lot sooner, when he could have coached me/ helped me?' Why hadn't I gone to the judge with hat in hand and acknowledged that I was guilty of the infractions, that I had been inattentive, and that I was committed to learning a lesson from it, and not repeating them? And I saw the answer was because I thought 'the world was wrong' and 'I was right'. Then I saw that that was all over me, in all kinds of ways. 3. Then I saw that me 'teaching' the Course was really 'me trying to learn a new way by teaching it to others'. Ouch. Not only that, I realized that all my 'tranquil' paintings were NOT 'indicators of a tranquil beingness' as much as they were my medicine.... you know, balancing me out. Hey, I am the guy that found that in the deep woods away from people I could just BE, and I could heal from the abrasions of the world and society. I saw that all my life it has really disturbed me that the world is the way that it is, and that I lived in it like a wild animal trying not to get caught.

But like the story of the sadhu that meditated for years in his cave, and then lost it in the marketplace, well, I lost it over this ticket and the supporting thought energy of all of you, I am sure, was very important assistance in keeping me sane enough to not go stupid crazy.

All this I saw, and I just prayed, Oh God, I so need help with this life. You've given me so many gifts, but I still have such a long way to go to really really be truly free enough to be at peace in this world. I know that is what I am here to learn, but it can seem impossible. Please help me.

********************

I felt better after getting all that off my chest, and went to town to spend the day finishing the preparations for my shows opening. I was in good shape the whole day, though at it's end, well spent. One moment happened... I needed to created a name for a new major piece already hung... the staff needed to know for the info sheet etc. The name that arose? 'The Perfection of the Imperfections'.

No Accidents, ever.

Namaste,

David

_________________________________

Lesson 274

Today belongs to love. Let me not fear.

Father, today I would let all things be as You created them, and give Your Son the honor due his sinlessness; the love of brother to his brother and his Friend. Through this I am redeemed. Through this as well the truth will enter where illusions were, light will replace all darkness, and Your Son will know he is as You created him.

A special blessing comes to us today, from Him Who is our Father. Give this day to Him, and there will be no fear today, because the day is given unto love.