Monday, October 11, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 276

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

The Word of God is given for me to speak.

It's halftime during the Oregon-Stanford game, which I just happened onto when I had an unusual impulse to turn on the TV, and which I stayed with because I went to college at the University of Oregon (in the days when we never had a good football team).

I've been decompressing all day, resting as much as possible 'to re-energize'. But I did 'have to' go back to the Art Center and give the scheduled 11 am 'Art Talk' that I had agreed to do. And the brand new close out on sale camcorder I just bought yesterday got it's first use in the hands of Carolyn, the gallery director, recording my comments until the batteries died. So I've had a look at what 'others' see of this thing called 'me', instead of the usual view. I'm not sure the trademark reversed-bill cap has a guaranteed future, and I probably could use some personal presentation coaching to prepare me for knocking on the doors of the big-time art-world, which is my intention to do in the near future. But, all in all, I liked the 'me' I saw.... for sure, a bit quirky, but clearly an intelligent and heartful slender gentleman with a different take on life.

It's important to be able to see ourselves without being excessively self-critical, which is only another trick our egos use to attempt to get us to believe the unreal is real. The Sufi's say God loves it when a strong ego surrenders.... because strong egos working for God know how to get things done.

One thing did happen that had me feel some sadness.... I sense that I failed to answer a question about my spirituality 'correctly', and without explanation a couple who had been very interested in my work simply turned and walked away. I know there are many versions of 'spiritual truth' available in this world... still, I feel sad when differences like that get their vote about my art canceled. But it has happened before, and this IS the world, so my 'practice' is to accept it.

I've tuned out the game, which is about over now, as Oregon, once a 21-3 underdog in this game, is now over twenty points ahead, like 52 to 31. I don't have the thirst for blood of a fanatical fan, and lose interest when the victor is clear but the game goes on...

Fanaticism, in any realm of life, seems to be the ultimate state of the blind ego. What keeps us/me from going there is the heart-knowing that there is only one of us, really. Out of this 'little experience' in the land of law, another thing I have seen about myself is that I, as an ego am not different from anyone else also an ego... I wish to be right. But in the debris of that fiasco, I have been looking at many things I 'may have been wrong about', about the way the world 'is'. I'm actually more peaceful with those thoughts, more willing to 'follow'. Maybe, I've thought, God gave me this experience so I could see that....

BTW, I'd like to say that the lesson is, for me today, especially clear. I hope it is for you too. Peace.

& Namaste,

David

_______________________________

Lesson 276

The Word of God is given me to speak.

What is the Word of God? "My Son is pure and holy as Myself." And thus did God become the Father of the Son He loves, for thus was he created. This the Word His Son did not create with Him, because in this His Son was born. Let us accept His Fatherhood, and all is given us. Deny we were created in His Love and we deny our Self, to be unsure of Who we are, of Who our Father is, and for what purpose we have come. And yet, we need but to acknowledge Him Who gave His Word to us in our creation, to remember Him and so recall our Self.

Father, Your Word is mine. And it is this that I would speak to all my brothers, who are given me to cherish as my own, as I am loved and blessed and saved by You.