Monday, October 11, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 277

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Let me not bind Your Son with laws I made.

The way the universe works is always perfect, regardless of what our personal point of view may be. This is so at all times, under all conditions, and is a law of God that is unchangeable. We only experience what we create, nothing else. And we create it exactly the way we experience it because we need the gift of that experience.

In this process, there is an incubation of growing awareness. What did not make sense begins to be understandable, then obviously true. For this there is no price but the acceptance of the truth that we have seen, and from then on, the practicing of being true to it. Thus do we 'change' to become who we have always been, thus is reality discovered to also include everything that is real.

Tonight, by grace of God, was no different than any other moment, only, by the power of group, it was experienced more clearly. I have a lot to be grateful for in the person of our leader Karol, who shines more brightly each week as she follows her guidance in selecting errorlessly the exact lesson material for us to contemplate. Tonight she led us to text page 448, the entire section 2 and 3, which are full of profound gems clearly appropriate for many of us which meet in the safety of God's Holiness. I cannot but recommend to you that it be reviewed often.

What I am seeing is how clearly any gift of willingness given to God will produce a major benefit in our lives. How clearly we are Loved Absolutely by Who we Are, regardless of our forgetfulness.

Namaste,

David

________________________________

Lesson 277

Let me not bind Your Son with laws I made.

Your Son is free, my Father. Let me not imagine I have bound him with the laws I made to rule the body. He is not subject to any laws I made by which I try to make the body more secure. He is not changed by what is changeable. He is not slave to any laws of time. He is as You created him, because he knows no law except the law of love.

Let us not worship idols, nor believe in any law idolatry would make to hide the freedom of the Son of God. He is not bound except by his beliefs. Yet what he is, is far beyond his faith in slavery or freedom. He is free because he is his Father's Son. And he cannot be bound unless God's truth can lie, and God can will that He deceive Himself.