Monday, October 11, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 278

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

If I am bound, my Father is not free.

Does this make clear sense to you? Has it come into focus yet? That there is no reality but God is not a dream, or a fantasy. It is what is real. It is the dreams of separation we have of this world that are not real. All we are learning by doing (echo: learning by doing, learning by doing....) is to tell the difference between which is which, with a powerful degree of mastery (eventually). It does not matter how long this journey to that mastery takes, it only matters that we continue, and the end result is guaranteed. That is the entire reason why I am writing these Commentaries... for no matter how far I may drift off course on occasion, I am still continuing the journey as authentically as I am able at that moment, and calling you to continue also.

This circle is thus made holy by our unity of intention. And all within it will one day fulfill their holy destiny, in God's timing. Actually, even today we are each fulfilling that destiny each moment we reawaken and for a few moments, fully remember. How do we 'reawaken'. We simply release the dream each time we step into Love.

Namaste,

David

___________________________

Lesson 278

If I am bound, my Father is not free.

If I accept that I am prisoner within a body, in a world in which all things that seem to live appear to die, then is my Father prisoner with me. And this do I believe, when I maintain the laws the world obeys must I obey; the frailties and the sins which I perceive are real, and cannot be escaped. If I am bound in any way, I do not know my Father nor my Self. And I am lost to all reality. For truth is free, and what is bound is not a part of truth.

Father, I ask for nothing but the truth. I have had many foolish thoughts about myself and my creation, and have brought a dream of fear into my mind. Today, I would not dream. I choose the way to You instead of madness and instead of fear. For truth is safe, and only love is sure.