Monday, October 11, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 279

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Creation's freedom promises my own.

Today I lived another day of perfection, only this day I did not deny it. It is so easy to see in hindsight that you and I are always guided, and never abandoned. Often after a tizzy of doubt, I will wonder why I ever did. But when I am willing to tell the truth to myself, I know I am always provided for. I am given all that I need.

This morning I received a beautiful email from Guy Finley, entitled 'Stop Feeding the 'Wolves' Within that Want It All'. It was about being driven by compulsivity. Obviously compulsivity is a lack of trust and faith, and a forcing of the river of life toward a predetermined goal. I' ve been blind that I've been doing that. Guy's email gave me a viewpoint from which to see myself, to catch myself in that tail chasing. I felt freed as I set down that energy pattern, and returned to 'Now is perfect just as it is. Nothing needs to be added.'

In the space of no manipulating, I had a wonderful and peaceful day, active but not busy, and full of surprises.

One of those was meeting 76 year old Gene and his mules, camped for the night down the road from the library, and 'on his way to the Atlantic'. I'm attracted to guys like him, and have many times wondered if I might someday do my own version. So I put on the brakes and sat with him a spell. When I found out he didn't know any way east but the steep freeway pass over the mountains (which both he and I knew was going to be a tough pull for the mules, let alone being dangerous, I gave him directions to a longer route that went around the mountains through farmland. Don't know if he'll change his plans, as independent old sourdough's can be cantankerous, but I hope he will.

As little adventures like that can be a sly way that God gives us a gift, I wasn't surprised when, in peeking in his Conestoga, that I didn't see it as my future. Gemini risings like me might fantasize being just about anything, but what'd you know... I think I've already chosen to be an artist (as my version of me.... :-)

Namaste,

David

______________________________

Lesson 279

Creation's freedom promises my own.

The end of dreams is promised me, because God's Son is not abandoned by His Love. Only in dreams is there a time when he appears to be in prison, and awaits a future freedom, if it be at all. Yet in reality his dreams are gone, with truth established in their place. And now is freedom his already. Should I wait in chains which have been severed for release, when God is offering me freedom now?

I will accept Your promises today, and give my faith to them. My Father loves the Son Whom He created as His Own. Would You withhold the gifts You gave to me?