Saturday, December 25, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 350

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

What I noticed today is that I am beginning to 're-member' my mother....

Of course, I am not referring to a normal memory, I am referring to recognizing her as an equal human. But, even that doesn't really say it... What I'm referring to is simply 'seeing' her. And not judging (because of course, seeing requires not judging).

It's a good sign, kind of like the first melting snow after a long winter. Accepting my currently given curriculum (of parent-service) was a gradual process for me, as I and my biological family for many years were culturally displaced from each other. And core in that were mother/son issues that perhaps I thought I would never have to deal with, or that I could work out with the women in my life. So I kinda smile at the recognition that I am right now like the briar rabbit tar-baby, and there ain't no way resisting it is gonna unstuck the karma with Momma.

I found myself 'listening her' differently today. It was outside of my normal knowing of who Mom was.... like she was somebody I didn't know.... well, actually, that is the whole thing... that she IS somebody that I don't know (despite that I can usually predict a lot of her attitudes and behavior). But like an experiment in the practice of creating space for something new, I am working on Not Knowing. And that opens up a new listening....

I recognized a subtle shift today.... I felt her realize I was listening. Something real connected. It felt good.

Namaste,

David

________________________________

Lesson 350

Miracles mirror God's eternal Love.
To offer them is to remember Him,
And through His memory to save the world.

What we forgive becomes a part of us, as we perceive ourselves. The Son of God incorporates all things within himself as You created him. Your memory depends on his forgiveness. What he is, is unaffected by his thoughts. But what he looks upon is their direct result. Therefore, my Father, I would turn to You. Only Your memory will set me free. And only my forgiveness teaches me to let Your memory return to me, and give it to the world in thankfulness.

And as we gather miracles from Him, we will indeed be grateful. For as we remember Him, His Son will be restored to us in the reality of Love.