Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 27
©2010 Rev. David Seacord

Above all else, I want to see.

As I mentioned in an earlier commentary, I personally replace the word 'want' with 'choose'. So the lesson becomes (for me): Above all else, I choose to see. Why? Because as Love has led me through life, one of the teachings that my heart has recognized as true is that inside of 'thought is creative' is 'language is exactly creative'. Therefore, to gain Mastery Access to 'the divine control tower of life' requires language retraining. This is an inner mystical teaching, as contrasted with 'outer orthodox'. I have made my peace with the Courses use of both traditional Christian terms, and orthodox cultural language. The Course is a trustable tool of widespread awakening, as its fruit testifies. However, I cannot teach the 'course inside the course' (as I am given seeing of it) without teaching the inner meanings and principalities we are traversing too. Since 'want' means: to desire without receiving, and 'try' (in the last paragraph) means: to attempt without succeeding, and neither produces Mastery or Sainthood, I choose to delete or install upgraded Course-consistent language in their place. (BTW, to appropriately acknowledge truth, I learned these upgrades from a living teacher. You can find him at www.masterysystems.com.) If these reinterpretations have no meaning to you or bother you, simply do the Course as you understand it. It will work.

Todays lesson introduces mantra in elemental form. It does not name it that, but that is not relevant. What is relevant is that today we begin to fill our mind with a powerful simplicity of intention, repeated often and regularly throughout the day. Remember more simple more better? It is better because it is easier. And because it is easier, you and I are more likely to actually do it. And as we actually do it, it will assist us in 'remembering'. Remembering is actually all we are doing. Seeing IS Remembering. Re-membering. Becoming again a member. Of the Wholeness. Of God.

Yesterday in a grocery store I 'popped' into 'acceptance'. I created a practice of saying (to myself silently) to each person I saw, the thought: "I accept you as you are". When there were a lot of people, I did simply "Accept". The breakthough (ie, the 'popping') was directly the result of doing yesterdays lesson. Accept. Somehow (by being willing, I suspect) I simply saw (by direct experience) how completely I swim in my judgements. Accept. I was seeing others from a point of separation. Accept. The spiritual antidote was to 'accept everyone as they are'. Accept. Doing that simple 'thought practice' opened my ecstatic gates, lit me up, and created a magicalness around me. Accept. It all arose because I was seeing God (in other people) where I had not been seeing God. Accept. New space gained, new ground taken. Accept. This thrills my soul, which dances as a result. Accept. Jesus said, "I make all things new". Accept. I experience this, as at the store yesterday, by being willing to fully accept this moment as containing only God. Totally Accept.

Namaste,

David