Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Commentary inspired by ACIM Lesson 20
©2010 Rev. David Seacord

I am determined to see.


Do not want. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want" (Palms 23) describes well the idea. Being a Son/Sun/Extension of God/Conscious Infinity 'given all power in Heaven and on Earth' is not a state of being 'in want', or not having. Course language was (as was all scripture) delivered via humans in the vernacular of the receiving culture and in the context of the common language as understood in and at the time. I take this opportunity to point out that as a result, no scripture will always connect (have profound meaning) to everyone 100% of the time. Do you not struggle to understand messages sent in languages you are not fluent in? True fluency is always a result of having achieved an ability to think in a specific language. Until that is achieved, there will always be the necessity to compare what you believe is being attempted to be articulated with direct personal experience. I have suggested that direct personal experience trumps believing. So does the Course, which is offering a path to the realization (a direct personal experience) of the Perfect Guiding Presence of Love (in our lives, at all times, under all conditions).

Given the preceding, I will be re-languaging todays lesson for myself. I choose to see. I am the committed choice to see. Or, as a degree/affirmation: With the eyes of God, I do now see. I am doing this simply to be in integrity with the understanding/revelations that are now foundational for my mind, in its present state of training/discipline. If you have no issue with the way the lesson is languaged, use it as written. It is your choice. Everything always is, and it always will be so.

Whatever you choose, do not doubt the value of the lesson. Regular repetition of a powerful idea is not spiritually cheating. It is practice for the actual soul of you/I becoming, in time, 'the (Creative) Word of God', as in "God said, 'Let there be Light', and there was Light'. In our lives, that power often looks like accomplishment mastery. We choose (to act with commitment) to bring something we 'want' (that we desire/envision as possible--- but do not yet have) into existence. That same power is both our birthright and our offering. We offer ourself. To be a purified usable instrument of Love in the world means simply this: Self remains, but no illusionary separate self remains. Love lives, as you.

Namaste,

David