Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 40
©2010 Rev. David Seacord

I am blessed as a Son of God.

I am so blessed to be holy. I count upon it as my compass to navigate the seas of this world. I depend upon it to know what is right for me, and to guide me to my great good, now, and now, and now.

And, my holiness writes these words.

Yesterday, I understood this newly, in an instantaneous shift. I was driving somewhere, 'being with' "My holiness IS" (the first words of yesterdays commentary) and it shifted/extended suddenly to become "My holiness Knows". It was true. My mind was stunned to quietness, and my silence deepened, as I was shown how I was being given the experience of writing these commentaries as a faith and trust building exercise, learning to rely upon my own wholeness, learning to know my God IS actually always instantly available within me.

These commentaries do not arrive pre-made, they unfold as process, and are confirmed 'from my deep knowing'. When writing, I experience impulses, images, memories, the various thoughts that stream past my mind, and Course text 'jumping out at me' as triggers. I will begin writing and my holiness edits and directs. It simply deletes anything that I write that is not true, in my most profoundly deep self-honesty. And it often leads me to write beyond my own understanding, that I may understand beyond my own understanding. And it then confirms the truth of my words by their resonance with 'my most profoundly deep self-honesty'.

In all the hours of this process I had not recognized until 'the shift' yesterday that this was my holiness being a tangible active presence within my mind. I had not seen (that by being willing to act on the inspiration to write these commentaries) I was 'priming the pump/working the muscle' of my own connection to holiness, and learning to trust it implicitly.

What I get from this 'connecting of the dots' is a profoundly deepening peace. My doubt is diminishing, my faith and trust in my knowing of my wholeness is ascending and becoming visible to the both myself and the world. This is beyond empowering, it is transforming. I am not now he who first said yes to the call, I am he who is the call, and who is being the call by sharing the call. I testify this to you simply that you may also trust your holy calling, and begin/continue giving yourself to it.

As I am in truth you, you can see there is nothing to fear.

Namaste,

David