Sunday, April 25, 2010

 

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 115

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

_____________________________________________

 

 

Reviewing:

 

(99) Salvation is my only function here.

(100) My part is essential to God's plan for salvation.

 

 

 

Just as there are no true failures, there are no true mistakes.  The difference is in the way we/I hold the experience.  A failure usually involves a clear attempt at an accomplishment, while a mistake is a choice made that we now regret, and perhaps wish we could change.  (That can be done, no matter the illusions that it can't be.)  Both imply self-doubt, which is only possible while being in a state of disconnection with the Godness.  I am not saying there are no mistakes.  I am simply saying there are no true, or real, mistakes.  And even if there were, the way out is through 'forgiveness'.  

 

The whole course is predicated upon that mistakes seem to be real, so real that it is rare for anyone to pierce or penetrate their seemingness to discover they are not.  Naturally 'God-intoxicated' people (Bliss bunnies) are often the only ones in the past that 'got' this.  (Forgive me...it is a 'label'.)  Yet, blissed-out people do get this.  And, in the past, (because I was one in my twenties and then 'lost it' when the world crashed on me...[my 'story']) I have judged them to be 'too woo-woo' to be 'reliable'.  But, all that gets turned on it head at some point, certainly by the time we/I become 'one of them" (again).  Ain't it the way it is?.... resist something, and that you/I become.  

 

Anyway, mistakes are a good leveler, or equalizer.  Given our undeclared 'caste' system (which is essential for the win/lose world of the ego), the 'honest with honor' offer themselves Self Love regardless of appearances, win/lose, mistake/failure or success.  As Amachi has said (actually, many saints have said similar things too) "Fame and shame and name and blame and loss and gain and pleasure and pain.... they are all the same".  It's all just more 'phenomena', more duality.  

 

Ah, duality, our beautiful playpen.  What lessons we have and shall learn here!  And if we/I hear a voice saying 'Hey, I don't belong here!', well, that is true AND that is false, at the same time.  

 

Namaste, 

 

David

 

Lesson 115

For morning and evening review:

(99) Salvation is my only function here.

My function here is to forgive the world for all the errors 
I have made. For thus am I released from them 
with all the world.

(100) My part is essential to God's plan for salvation.

I am essential to the plan of God for the salvation of the world. 
For He gave me His plan that I might save the world.

On the hour:

Salvation is my only function here.

On the half hour:

My part is essential to God's plan for salvation.

 

***********************************