Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 215

©2010 Rev. David Seacord

The little talks I am having these days with my father are deep, and touching. Today, I told him that the real reason I am here is to stand beside him as he leaves his body, and to be there to let him know there is nothing to be afraid of....

I told him that he was who I first learned what love was from, and he told how proud he was to be my father. I asked him to search his heart for anyone who had wronged him that he had not forgiven, and he said he could not find anyone right now. Good Dad, because I think you will rise up right next to God if you leave your body with nothing un-forgiven.... He looked at me and said, "I think I am right next to God right now"....

*********

The gifts of life come to us through whatever form that can get the message delivered. Sometimes it's a pet, a child, a chance overheard conversation. Sometimes it's a newscaster, a politician, a priest, or a death row report. Always, we can learn from any of it that love is the only thing here in this experience that is real.... all else is phenomena, the temporary arising of a 'seeming' seemingly real.

As we face the truth of life's illusions, we are freed because we find peace with our own physical death. We know it will come, though not when or how. True life is always lived with (as Carlos Castenada wrote) death on our left shoulder. But for the spiritually minded living awake, this is not feared, for that 'I am not a body' is clear.

Knowing we can trust life to give us the power and strength to fulfill our individual mission is the source of a great and holy peace. This peace is a miracle. Yet, simply loving one another is the most holy of all miracles.

Namaste,

David

________________________________

Lesson 215

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(195) Love is the way I walk in gratitude.

The Holy Spirit is my only Guide. He walks with me in love.
And I give thanks to Him for showing me the way to go.

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.