Thursday, August 26, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 232

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Be in my mind, my Father, through the day.

_____________________________________

When the world determines who I think I am, I lose God. For God is the Truth of me, and without knowing God, I cannot know myself.

When I do something that 'I am ashamed of', that shame is there because I believed the teachings of this world.... yet God sees no shame when He looks upon me, and continues to know I am still His Perfect Sun.

When I am angry at the world for it's 'abuses of the Laws of Love', and then I judge myself for feeling that anger, I have twice damned myself, first with anger, second with self-judgement. Yet God continues to see me as His Perfect Sun.

God knows my holiness, and all I need to do is accept that I am who He shows me I am to Him. All I need to do to do that is let go of ALL the messages of the world 'AS THE TRUTH'. This is true understanding: NOTHING the world teaches is 'the truth'.

The Truth cannot enter this world except as a living soul, because the Truth is Life Eternal. We are created and we arrive here, sent by our Father/Mother... all of us, with the exact same mission: to deny the world any power not of God over us.... to live in this world with God as THE Power in our lives, that the world may become as Heaven, where truth and true love rule. (This, by the way, does not set aside "resist not evil", I have realized 'recently').

When I have the courage to accept the vision of me that God sees, it transforms my mind about myself because Holiness enters my mind. Like a hurricane sweeping through me, I am cleansed of the poisons of my own self-condemnations. And, at the same time, I am healed of all fear of freedom, life, loss, scarcity, sadness, or the 'dangerousness of the world'.

The knowing that God gives me is that it is possible that the world per se have no power over me or my Joy or Happiness. None. When I know God, I can be at peace regardless of circumstance. Therefore, here is the way to see if I have given the world power and/or conversely denied God. If I am unhappy, afraid, depressed, obsessed, addicted, anxious, nervous, etc.... God's protection has not left me, but I have left God to take a journey in the world without Him in my mind.

How to never be without Him in my mind? Install Him in my heart completely, for the heart is the true ruler of the mind. This is called, very simply, the path of Devotion.

Namaste,

David

_____________________________________

Lesson 232

Be in my mind, my Father, through the day.

Be in my mind, my Father, when I wake, and shine on me throughout the day today. Let every minute be a time in which I dwell with You. And let me not forget my hourly thanksgiving that You have remained with me, and always will be there to hear my call to You and answer me. As evening comes, let all my thoughts be still of You and of Your Love. And let me sleep sure of my safety, certain of Your care, and happily aware I am Your Son.

This is as every day should be. Today, practice the end of fear. Have faith in Him Who is your Father. Trust all things to Him. Let Him reveal all things to you, and be you undismayed because you are His Son.