Thursday, August 26, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 235

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

God in His mercy wills that I be saved.

Blessing your 'enemies' is the true work of a teacher of God.... and the reason has nothing to do with 'the enemy', and everything to do with you...

To say all that more accurately, blessing others has to do with recognizing that there are no enemies 'out there', just as there are no enemies 'in here' either. For the truth is that the belief in 'opposites' is a teaching of the world that creates more delusion. The truth is that everything is inseparably you. Anything that 'is not recognized as you' is a delusion, a far-fetched made-up concoction of our imagined 'self', the 'I am' that we are not, here in the Course referred to as 'the ego'. Fortunately, the ego 'isn't' (really), and God 'is' (really).

Of course, this cannot be believed. It must be your own direct experience for you to know it. Hence, the practice of blessing your enemies ultimately leads to seeing you are blessing yourself only, as there is only you. I think usually the path to grounding this realization comes through the opening of the heart, and the outpouring of held in emotions, then the telling of the truth, then the experience of forgiveness.

To enter only you you do not have to go anywhere or do anything or be anybody.... the access to entering only you is simply perfect stillness. Blessing 'others' gives each of us this gift.... it brings peace to the mind, that its delusions disappear, leaving behind stillness in its stead.

Namaste,

David

_____________________________

Lesson 235

God in His mercy wills that I be saved.

I need but look upon all things that seem to hurt me, and with perfect certainty assure myself, "God wills that I be saved from this," and merely watch them disappear. I need but keep in mind my Father's Will for me is only happiness, to find that only happiness has come to me. And I need but remember that God's Love surrounds His Son and keeps his sinlessness forever perfect, to be sure that I am saved and safe forever in His Arms. I am the Son He loves. And I am saved because God in His mercy wills it so.

Father, Your Holiness is mine. Your Love created me, and made my sinlessness forever part of You. I have no guilt nor sin in me, for there is none in You.