Saturday, December 25, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 354

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

To the question "And what am I except the Christ in me?" the world mockingly, jestingly answers "Probably everything but....ha, ha....". The world would have me totally forget every thought I have come to accept about my wholeness/holiness, and instead, become lost in its multifaceted labyrinths of self-deluding confusion. All in the name of glorifying 'a self' that only exists in my own egoic imagination.... a self that is as unreal asTruth is Real.

At times it seem my only protection from this fate is The Love. Because The Love is 'of God', I continue to find it is the only guidance which can be fully trusted in this world. It has a Voice with a direct line to my heart-center, a Voice that has the ability to mitigate my ticker-tape rapid-running seduction-susceptible mind with an equanimity that allows miracles to arise instead of suicidal reactivity. Even when I am on the floor being crushed by the universe as grain is ground up by the millstone, I can still hear this Voice.... the Voice of The Love.

It always says something like: "Surrender to Me. Let my Loving break your heart wide open. Let me expose a brand new form of you to the currents of Life. Oh, please, My Son, cling not to these limited ideas of being a separated one. Let me lift you on etherial wings into the realm of Unity. All that is necessary to re-find the path is to quiet the mind."

Ah.... yes.... to quiet the mind. That is the key to sanity no matter the circumstances. For the quieter the mind the more it Remembers. It does this without effort, for what the truly quiet mind IS is the Memories.... of our Divine History. And while the history of the world is 'the history of our (egoic) mind', our Divine History has been made perfect by the Holy Silence of our Heart.

Namaste,

David

________________________________________

Lesson 354

We stand together, Christ and I, in peace
And certainty of purpose. And in Him
Is His Creator, as He is in me.

My oneness with the Christ establishes me as Your Son, beyond the reach of time, and wholly free of every law but Yours. I have no self except the Christ in me. I have no purpose but His Own. And He is like His Father. Thus must I be one with You as well as Him. For who is Christ except Your Son as You created Him? And what am I except the Christ in me?