Monday, January 10, 2011

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 362

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Just for clarity, No, I don't naively think this perfect world we live in is perfect in the sense that there are no problems to deal with or no injustices to correct or no sufferings to heal. The world we inhabit certainly does contain much that appears 'imperfect'. What we have the opportunity to see though, is all of the imperfections of this world provide perfect soul growth curriculum opportunities for each and every one assigned here, and with impeccable exactness.

I once wrote a song with the line in it: "For the wisdom of a being is the vision in the Man....". It's this sense of vision that calls us to our 'stand-tall' mission here.... and whatever that mission's form, it will still be that when we are doing it, we are being transmitters of Divine Non-judgemental Acceptance for all beings.... for that is what Love is.

What that means is that when we take a stand that appears to be in opposition to something, we are clear we are not against the beings who are standing for the thing we are opposing. In other words, while we may have differing views as to what is the better path (and that difference can be in the domain of religion, or politics, or relationship, or finance, or whatever...) who it is that we are differing with IS our brother still. If we forget that, we have erred.

It is like the one called Maharaji says: "It is not the world that needs peace. It is people. When the people of the world are at peace within, the world will be at peace."

Having this personal peace has been the goal of this course, and all of us have received it many times during this year. To keep it close to our being, our heart, and to remember it when it is challenged.... that is what all the training is for. And though the Course concludes, the training does not end. Nor will it, until all beings have found the way to the UnityWithoutEnd.

Namaste,

David

__________________________

Lesson 362

This holy instant would I give to You.
Be You in charge. For I would follow You,
Certain that Your direction gives me peace.

And if I need a word to help me, He will give it to me. If I need a thought, that will He also give. And if I need but stillness and a tranquil, open mind, these are the gifts I will receive of Him. He is in charge by my request. And He will hear and answer me, because He speaks for God my Father and His holy Son.