Saturday, December 25, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 357

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

"And give as I receive....". Oh, am I nailed on that one. I don't even need to bother to try to calculate.... I know I have been receiving a lot from God.... now let me look for the stack of good karma's I've been accruing from Giving back to my brother.... now, now.... hold on there a minute God, I know I can find it somewhere...!!

Ever feel like that? It's a kind of naked feeling.... like, the jig is up and there's nowhere to hide. You know what I mean? If you do, then you are one of the lucky ones whose conscience is still willing to be honest. Many of us have defense systems multiple levels thick to keep us very well insulated from even the hint that we might be out of integrity, let alone Integrity. But, life moves on moving us in it's perfect pace and plan whether or not we fight it or accept it. And eventually, we get happy to be busted, cause we've gotten that we're getting free too.

To be free of our self's self-interest is the only true freedom. Conversely, the self (the egoic self) is nothing but self-interest. So to be free is to be self-less. Pretty simple, isn't it...

And old friend of mine in the singer-songwriter biz has a song called "Nothing Less Than Everything" (by Steven Walters). It's all about what we are talking about.... that (Thank God) there is no end to the unraveling of personal illusions until there is nothing left of the personal to unravel. And when that has come to be, the flip-side of it is that there is nothing we then cannot have, do, or be. The reason that is is that we are then, and only then, fully trustable. Trustable the way that God trusts Himself. Exactly that way, because we then know Him/Her/It as Ourself. What else is possible? There is really only God. Even the ego is only imagined. If it is no longer being imagined, what else is there left to be but what there is left. And what's left? Only God.

I think we might as well get happy with that. Or perhaps better yet,give happy with that.

Namaste,

David

_____________________________

Lesson 357

Truth answers every call we make to God,
Responding first with miracles, and then
Returning unto us to be itself.

Forgiveness, truth's reflection, tells me how to offer miracles, and thus escape the prison house in which I think I live. Your holy Son is pointed out to me, first in my brother; then in me. Your Voice instructs me patiently to hear Your Word, and give as I receive. And as I look upon Your Son today, I hear Your Voice instructing me to find the way to You, as You appointed that the way shall be:

"Behold his sinlessness, and be you healed."