Saturday, December 25, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 358

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

"Let me not forget myself is nothing, but my Self is all."

It does take intelligent persistence to gain a sense of mastery around the contextual distinctions that the Course uses, but it comes with time.... This line lifted from the lesson speaks to me of the breadth of awareness we are being trained to encompass.... like being able to instantly recognize by the subtlest clues where the truest thoughts and actions are arising, and as a brother, also offering correction where correction is needed. It is the humble work of being a minister of God to take on this work of being guide to other awakening Selfs-in-Godness. The qualification is being willing to have been corrected ourselves. But when we really want to hear only the Voice of God's guidance, none of this is an egoic problem. For all egoic problems source in a reality separated from the Godheart. Giving up that reality and receiving the implantation of a Godheart within our own being is what this Course has been about. If you go to the closest Godmirror (yourself as another), you will see it glowing brightly.

It IS totally appropriate to the season.

Namaste,

David

___________________________

Lesson 358

No call to God can be unheard nor left
Unanswered. And of this I can be sure;
His answer is the one I really want.

You Who remember what I really am alone remember what I really want. You speak for God, and so You speak for me. And what You give me comes from God Himself. Your Voice, my Father, then is mine as well, and all I want is what You offer me, in just the form You choose that it be mine. Let me remember all I do not know, and let my voice be still, remembering. But let me not forget Your Love and care, keeping Your promise to Your Son in my awareness always. Let me not forget myself is nothing, but my Self is all.