Friday, March 05, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 64
© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Let me not forget my function.

To be completely authentic, I am very confronted by the Course at this moment. I am recognizing my ego's resistance to getting the message that the only way to my own true happiness is to accept I am (at the very least) 'a' son of God, and that the 'salvation' of the world is my mission. Even though I KNOW this, I so desire to forget it (as I have done many times in the past by going unconscious). I see that many times (also, in the past) I have stopped doing the Course at this point. Or I have somehow continued but as a 'ritual', protecting myself from the full impact of the Call to Saviorhood that the Course is speaking again today.

When I was a child, I had dreams where God would tell me this was my mission, and I remember waking up (as an 8 or 9 year old) in cold sweats because I knew 'they would kill me too' (like 'they'd' killed Jesus). Because of this fear, I have been running from God while at the same time loving God ever since, and NOW, not only is there nowhere left to run, but also, I (authentic Self) do not really Choose 'running' any longer. But even so, I was thinking today about how in Illusions (the Richard Bach book) Donald (the Savior figure) told God he didn't want the job anymore, and that he was sorry he'd ever asked for it, and I could so relate. I had to stop painting and go for a long walk in the desert to get straight with myself.

Look, the purpose of the Course is huge and profound, and we need only look at the people out in the world who have really 'gotten' it to see this. The Hugh Prathers and Marianne Williamsons and J. Jampolskys (+ others) have made tremendous impacts in millions of lives. Of course we as ego's 'want to be like that'. But our ego NEVER 'wants' to accept that for us to 'be like that' means IT no longer IS (as us). (This is not to say Our Individual Personal Mission is a 'big time public one' like the examples mentioned, but it's not to say it isn't either.)

This is the free choice moment to accept 'the release of ego' (back to nothingness) and to also accept 'the rebirth' of our Wholeness/Holiness. Actually, given the persistence of the egoic experience while embodied, ALL moments are this. ('ALL' meaning, as one within this circle has written me about our work being to "remove ALL, and I do mean ALL, blocks to Love".) My job right now is to let you know that in this there is 'nothing to fear that is real', and your job right now is let me know the same thing. Be it inwardly or outwardly (prayers for/meditation upon, or with the pen or phone etc), this is called Support. You and I are on a journey to a life beyond anything we could ever imagine 'of ourself', AND, it is As One that We Enter the Wholeness. There is no other way. (Ah, that's a quote from this day's lesson :-).

Thank you for being the space of allowing self-honesty. It is 'part of the path to my true happiness' of humbly being a simple savior.

May we always 'be light' for each other.

Namaste,

David