Friday, March 05, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 65
©2010 Rev. David Seacord


My only function is the one God gave me.

As I read through the lesson for today, I shifted it to 'first person'. (for example: 'my' commitment, reminds 'me' that 'I' have, etc). It was a very helpful and enlightening experiment, as I felt more 'one with Source' immediately, and that assisted in receiving the Course wisdom 'as from mySelf', which it is.

Resistance is a subtle thing. Yet it is a sure signal that we have stopped, that we are temporarily not willing to be willing to learn God's lesson of the moment. I learned yesterday that I am not alone in struggling with my ego's resistance to my authentic Self 'taking its rightful place among the saviors of the world'. My correspondence contained confirmation that others in our circle are sharing this experience also. My Voice for God speaks to me that 'this is normal', and to have no fear.

Perhaps the image of 'hatching' is an appropriate analogy.... that we are all 'in the same nest' and that we are all at this point busy 'pecking' (from the inside) at the confining limitations of our ego eggshells. Or, maybe we have already hatched (as we have been on this journey a while, I'd say), and are each struggling to fly... that might fit even better. In any case, what is necessary to shift or to transform the condition is 'total commitment'. That 'first flight' is a 'total commitment' experience... we are called to it by a 'knowing that we can', but without any experience of it personally. Only faith in the possibility exists BECAUSE IT HAD BEEN DEMONSTRATED (by others of our kind as they flew past our life in the nest, so to speak). So now we are called to literally 'take a leap of faith', and fly. This obviously entails releasing all our previously known limits, and (upon success) gives instant access to the ecstatic. Again, nothing to be feared :-).

What the ego wishes us to do is 'settle'. For limits. For 'safety'. For security. For comfort. For 'being human'. And for suffering. The Ecstatic Call of God is the opposite. Yet it offers true safety, true invulnerability, and (once permanently Awake) no suffering. How blessed are we to be hearing this call. Yes, everyone is 'on the path somewhere', and certainly everyone will hear the call when the time has come for them. But in this moment of this life it is our time, and that is our Glorious Great Good Luck and Grace-given Blessing. For eons we have been called through the infinity to Awareness. NOW is the Reality of God ours to KNOW. NOW is the day of our marriage to Divinity.

Today therefore, with quiet minds, let us affirm our function is to forgive the world we have created, and replace it with the Joy of God.

Namaste,

David