Thursday, March 11, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 70
©2010 Rev. David Seacord

My salvation comes from me.


Three dimensional reality is fundamentally designed as a school for duality. An image of this arose in my mind today. Like a landscape which is filled with disguised 'pit traps' which the unaware fall into, so is our life if we believe in the illusions and seductions of the world. Meaning, if we are 'of the world'.

The dilemma is that it is difficult not to believe we are our bodies. But, as soon as we do, whammo.... we are 'of the world', and there are pit traps everywhere. I am getting a sense that (for those who are being 'bodies') that 'the Way' to make it through life without falling into the pits is to use a body of knowledge called 'a religion' (of some kind) as a guidance system. For well-placed in all of them are rules for developing a sense of where the pits are, and also for avoiding them. So that is all well and good, for it improves our safety record as a species, and generally contributes to species well-being too.

And, another image that is 'incoming and useful' for me is the recognition that all of that is valid life protocol if you are gravity respondent. In other words, if you weigh something. Which you do, if you 'are that you are' a body. But what if you don't, because you see that you aren't. Could you not then simply walk right over the tops of the pit traps without 'falling in'? Birds, for instance, are not going to become victims of such a trap because they have means of countering their physical weight with wings. So what about us?

I believe I am about to suggest that we have wings too. They are a bit different in nature and function from a birds, but the analogy holds. I believe I am about to suggest that our wings are found in the lightness of our seeing. As we have been practicing seeing for instance, holding grievances hides our light from ourselves and others, and therefore darkens the 'lightness of our seeing'. In fact, ANY form of me-you/us-them/good-bad duality consciousness will give us weight, and if enough is taken on, into the pits we plunge for another round of duality lessons.

The very cool thing about this all is how it is all just too perfect to be accidental. And this is the first thing we must remember to start lightening up again, start seeing the unity everywhere again, and thus, find our wings again.

I am very happy to report this little story to you, as sharing my heart's happiness is my most precious treasure. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. It's gonna be a Bright, Bright, Bright, Sunshiny Day.

Namaste,

David