Thursday, August 26, 2010

Commentary on ACIM Lesson 237

© 2010 Rev. David Seacord

Now I would be as God created me.

Burnt into the synapses of my/your mind, the lesson statement kicks butt as a mantra worth repeating hundreds of times daily. 'On the breath', with the downbeat on 'NOW' to keep us in 'present time'..... and with an added silent 'again' understood to be contextual. (I.E., NOW, I would be [again] as God created me!) Add the exclamation and it becomes a declarative.... a causative self-initiatory trigger.

Sufis are known for turning statements like this musical, then developing chants, rounds, counterpoints... It is all about 'training the mind' in the infinite pathways of remembrance. Why? That our life may be blessed by the awareness of our wholeness, and that our leave-taking may be fully conscious. As we each, day by day, step ever closer to the embrace of the infinite Love that created us, let us always keep near the knowledge of who we truly are.... spiritual beings having a physical experience. Like the Tibetan Buddhist monks who meditate upon the transient nature of the flesh by doing practice among the corpses of their fellow monks as vultures scavenge the dead bodies.... like that.... our opportunity is to stay awake to knowing each other, not as limited bodies, but as eternal sons and daughters of the Joy of God's Heart.

"Today I will accept the truth about myself. I will arise in glory, and allow the light in me to shine upon this world this day."

Namaste,

David

_______________________________

Lesson 237

Now would I be as God created me.

Today I will accept the truth about myself. I will arise in glory, and allow the light in me to shine upon the world throughout the day. I bring the world the tidings of salvation which I hear as God my Father speaks to me. And I behold the world that Christ would have me see, aware it ends the bitter dream of death; aware it is my Father's Call to me.

Christ is my eyes today, and He the ears that listen to the Voice for God today. Father, I come to You through Him Who is Your Son, and my true Self as well. Amen.